Why do people want to believe that colorism is a result of slavery rather than human biology?

Anonymous
Let's get one thing straight, I'm using the term colorist for a reason (because this is a phenomenon that happens regardless of what race you are - if you have darker skin your treated poorly)

Brown skinned people get treated worst than others regardlessof race, - but for some reason the popular belief is that it's due to a history of racism in the us, uk or some amount social engineering (like seeing pink as the color for cute or green for nature), or to my more conservative fellas that the mistreatment doesn't exist at all (so the color blind approach).

But In my opinion these people got it all wrong - the truth is humans as a species are programmed to hate people of darker skin tones - something many don't want to believe.

I believe they're multiple reasons people want sell this beautiful lie...

- For people with lighter skin tones it's indicative of the fact that things like racism/colorism will never end due to their hatred of darker skin tones no matter how much they try to change their behavior/ they feel like admitting they have this privilege only confirms that they are superficial.

- For people of darker skin tones, they don't want to admit it because they would have to accept the fact that they're will never be a world in which they are treated fairly by people of lighter skin tones and even people that look like them. Which leaves them resentful and angry at world.

You can also see this pattern in different cultures around the world regardless of environment, or culture
In the Philippines where there's a culture of using skin bleaching agents to get lighter, more valued skin,
Why do people want to believe that colorism is a result of slavery rather than human biology?
in Africa with apartheid ending less than 50 years ago, in Asia where dark skin Asians are pressured to get surgery and skin lightening treatments to look as white as a sheet. In Latin America after the renconquesta where they made a class system dedicated to putting dark sins at the bottom class

The truth is colorism will never end
Add Opinion