Moral Question on a Political Issue?

Anonymous
I want to get people's opinions on this matter. In India a mosque built in the 1400s was demolished by Hindu right-wing groups in 1992.

This matter has been very heavily debated because of the history of the mosque. The understanding is that a Hindu temple existed there but was destroyed by a Muslim emperor named Babur. The Supreme court of India has confirmed that the mosque was indeed built on an existing non-Islamic structure.

This matter was in court and kept getting delayed (like most legal cases in India lol) and one day Hindu right-wing activists destroyed the mosque. So Hindus felt vindicated, but Muslims left their rights were trampled upon.

Now recently, the Supreme court ruled that a temple should be built there and a mosque should be built in a nearby area.

I guess what I want to ask is, considering this whole situation - should the history be considered relevant? Why or why not? Who was right?

I'm not religious either ways but I kind of don't know what would be the correct thing. What are your thoughts on this?
The destruction of the mosque was wrong
The destruction of the mosque was right
GirlGuy
Moral Question on a Political Issue?
1
3