To move out or not to move out?

I graduated school in the fall and now I'm back at home with my parents. I have a "real world" job and I'm working and everything and I'm not making a ton of money (28k a year) which I'm fine with, I didn't expect to have a great paying first job, I'm actually making about 5k more than I thought I would. Anyway, I'm planning on starting law school in the fall of 2013 and law school is incredibly expensive (average cost of tuition is $150,000 for the whole 3 years). I was going through all the admissions requirements of the schools I'm looking at the other day and my top choice suggested budgeting $77,000 per year.

Obviously that's a money and even after working for 2 years I won't have that (and that would be assuming I didn't spend money on anything which isn't happening). I want to move out of my parents house, we get along and all but I just miss having my own space and being able to do my own thing. I'm looking at apartments and I know I won't be able to save as much if I move out but my Mom has a home office on the 3rd floor/attic of our and she said that I could move up there as ann alternative. There's a bathroom up there and it's pretty big (just about as big as any apartment I'd get) and quiet, my parents both said they'd leave me alone and wouldn't charge me rent or anything. I know it's a nice offer but a part of me wants to just move out and be independent, no matter what I'll be in tons of debt after law school anyway, and I never pictured myself living at home after college (it totally makes me feel like a failure, especially when I see some of my friends moving out and getting apartments). I don't like going out as much because I don't want to get lectured for being drunk, I don't want to date because I don't want to introduce guys to my parents, I definitely don't want to hear it if I spend the night at guys house etc. But at the same time part of me knows that I'll probably feel better starting law school with money that's actually mine and not being completely dependent on a massive loan. Every apartment I'm looking at is between $700-800 so I'd be spending about $9,000 on rent if I moved out.
Move out, you'll be in debt no matter what anyway
Stay home, you'll be glad you have the extra money later
GirlGuy
To move out or not to move out?
3
0