Food stamps? Medicaid? My mom is thinking of applying, would you?

My parents have recently separated and my mom is filing a divorce. Why? Because I recently found out my father cheated on my mother for the 3rd time with the same woman he has been cheating on her with for 10 years, I quickly called my mom at her job and told her what I had found on my dad's phone (I was trying to find a number of my aunts on his phone and came across the woman's number. I also saw my father was calling her and texting her things he shouldn't have been.) just three months before my mom found out for the 2nd time and kicked him out, he came back wanting to be with my mother and he promised me and my brother he wouldn't do it again. Now that we know he was still in contact and with the woman my mother kicked him out for good. Now that they are getting a divorce my mom wants to file for child support since I am still 17, also she wants to apply for food stamps and medicaid for me, since she technically doesn't have a job under the government (she cleans houses and gets cash) my question is would you apply? Its just me and my mother now, my brother is leaving to boot camp for the marines in October then he will be serving for 6 years and my father is off living with the stupid bitch. My father is still funding our bills however, but my mom is wondering if it would just be better off living with child support, food stamps, medicaid, and earning the money she gets from cleaning people's houses. What do you think?
5
2