1 y

Don't you think the 3rd place matches in fifa world cup playoffs is a formality just to decide who comes 3rd in tournament ?

I just feel they should scrap these matches which really don't have significant importance. Or even if they want to decide who came 3rd In the tournament they can make some rules for it. For eg if I wanted to decide the 3rd team. I would see at what stage of the 2 semi final matches did the team loose. For eg 1) if a team lost the semi final match in penalties then that team comes 3rd. 2) if a team lost the the match in full time itself then that team comes 4th as the other team took the match till penalties then lost 3) if both the loosing teams loose at penalties stage then the team conceding the least penalties among 2 loosing team comes 3rd.
Yes its a formality and should be removed
No , its the perfect way to decide who comes 3rd
My idea is good, but it can be better 😋
Vote C
GirlGuy
1 y
Well in a game like cricket , there is nothing called 3rd place playoffs , its just quarter finals, semifinals and finals. so why in football? . I mean to say why have a meaningless match?
28
4