Did the New York Giants do the right thing in trading Odell Beckham?

• Yes
  • No

214

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. Here's why: I'll play Devil's Advocate and forget about all of the stupid on-and-off-the-field, locker room, and non-game nonsense Beckham has caused or been a part of for a moment and just focus on his 5 year career based on performance and health:

Prolific numbers? Yes. He has set or surpassed a number of regular season receiving records.

Healthy? No way... he missed the start of his rookie season and was out for 16 of his last 32 games. That's half of his final 2 seasons with the Giants. So 3 out of 5 of his seasons have been marred by injuries. You need to know when to cut bait with walking band-aids, no matter how talented they are. Go ask the Chicago Bulls if they would go back in time and trade Derrick Rose instead of keeping him past his THIRD knee surgery.

Playoff performer? No way. He completely DISAPPEARED in his only playoff game with the Giants. In fact, he was wide open when he dropped two guaranteed touchdowns right off his hands in the first quarter of that game. The only receiver on the team that even remotely showed up for the playoff game was Tavarres King, who had 3 catches for 73 yards and a touchdown. He was also the only receiver on the team that wasn't on Justin Bieber's moronic cruise.

So as a New York Giants fan my entire life, I say good riddance. I also say the offense is good enough right now to put up points. With 12 draft picks, let's draft a ferocious defense and see what happens in the fall.

• @NYCQuestions1976
      Good breakdown. I remember him being injured, but not that much... wow. Any ideas why they may have extended him only to trade him not even a year later?
      Straight up buyers remorse?

• They also thought he was making a legitimate effort at being more mature. As soon as he signed the extension, he reverted back to being a jerk.

• Thanks for Most Helpful.

• Yes. The Browns deserve a playoff team. Last year's record of 7-8-1 is not playoff like record. Freddie Kitchens said it was unacceptable for Browns. Odell Beckham Jr. can split the gap rather easily I think. Since Baker Mayfield seems accurate, with an open Beckham, they should be around 10-6 if they can stay healthy and beat up on the Bengals and other less than average teams.

www.nfl.com/.../freddie-kitchens-781-is-not-acceptable-for-browns

• One bad loss during the season and all the narcissistic egos on the team will be at each other's throats.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think so. The offense is going to take a hit. He is a great receiver.

Granted, he may have had beef with Eli and been a drama queen, so I can understand why the Giants traded him.

• No, they should've kept him