Anyone else think that the women’s soccer team suing for equal pay is completely stupid?

Stoner710
Anyone else think that the women’s soccer team suing for equal pay is completely stupid?
Here’s why I think it’s completely stupid.

Athletes get paid a percentage of the revenue that they bring in currently men get paid 9% of the revenue and when I get paid at 12% of the revenue so as far as revenue cost women get paid more.

When it comes to dollar amount does Men get paid more because men make more because of the amount of revenue they pull in from the fans when it comes to sponsors sponsors pay the same for both men and women’s soccer so ultimately the blame is on the fans not the U. S soccer federations

if anything they pay women more then man if They made the same amount of revenue. E. g I’m going to pick 100$ as an easy number since men get 9% of the revenue they would get $9 out of that 100 and women would be getting 12$ out of that 100. Women make more of the revenue.

But when you compare 100 million to 1 billion men bring in 1 billion in revenue and women bring in 100 million women get paid 12 million using that 12% vs men who get 9% get 90 million. So when the women soccer team argues we should get equal pay then either the women are going to take a pay cut and make 9 million or them men get a pay raise and get 120 million either way the women’s soccer team lawsuit will ultimately backfire because they are still getting more of the revenue and then prior to the settlement which hasn’t been established yet.

The issue is there’s only one bad guy in this scenario and that’s the consumer if the consumer watch the women’s soccer equal to the amount of nine soccer we watch then women and men could get paid equally if they brought in the exact same amount of revenue but the truth is that people like to watch men’s soccer more than they do women soccer it has nothing to do with the company itself paying them less because of their gender but it’s comes to the consumers interest in women soccer versus men and a sense you’d have to force people who watch Men soccer to also watch women’s soccer equally but you can’t force consumers to do anything
Updates:
1 y
I love how the site added a picture of the U. S women’s soccer team thanks editor
Add Opinion