14 d

Should Major League Baseball implement an electronic strike zone to eliminate possibility of bad calls from the umpire?

I think it is time for MLB to implement an electronic strike zone because so many calls are made that are bad by the umpires. Balls inside the strike zone gets called balls a lot and balls outside the strike zone gets called strikes a lot. Usually most bad calls favor the pitcher over the batter but we need to get these vital calls right. There will a huge difference between a batter facing a 2-1 as opposed to a 1-2 count and the difference between a 2-2 count versus a 3-1 count is huge also.

I believe there is no need to challenge electronic strike zones because the computer will know exactly all aspects of where the location of the ball is and it will be objective as to what a ball and a strike is and not a subjective zone that umpires like to have. This way, umpires won't own the balls and strikes part of the game. We have replay for other plays during a baseball game, like hitting the ground or catching, fair or foul, out of safe on the base paths.

Do you agree it is time for baseball to have a more robotic umpiring system in place? Some baseball leagues like the Atlantic League have a electronic strike zone and it's flourishing just fine. Please watch these 4 videos and tell me if you feel it is time for robot umpires or stick with human umpires.
Yes they should and it will begin in 2020 to 2024 season
Vote A
Yes they should but it won't begin until 2025 season or later
Vote B
Yes they should but it will never happen
Vote C
No they shouldn't because human element should exist in balls and strikes
Vote D
No they shouldn't because malfunctioning would hurt baseball
Vote E
No they shouldn't because borderline in or out calls could be challenged eventually
Vote F
I'm undecided or don't care
Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Should Major League Baseball implement an electronic strike zone to eliminate possibility of bad calls from the umpire?
Add Opinion