1 mo

Gracie Dojo I'm whipped. Feels good. What do you think?

Wade8888
So my second session today at the Gracie Dojo we worked on Stand-up, which I'm already pretty much A+ on standup. Instructor only corrected me once, said I needed to move my head a bit more, but I had good guard, good footwork, and good combinations.

they have the GOOD water bags at the gracie dojo. I was able to kick one with a 3/4th power kick and nearly toppled it over with only 3/4ths of what I got, so I know I can send it flying with a full power thrust kick. That's what I remember. I just need to work on getting my thrust kick up to chin level again, like I could 20 years ago.

I was able to complete about 80% of the cardio and other exercises, keep in mind I already did one previous session today, as I'm trying to train twice per day to maximize weight loss and maximize retention of new skills I learn along the way.. So I was a little winded, but that's fine. I'll be able to do the entire class with no breaks within a few weeks of practice.

I suck at sit-ups. I used to be able to do 75 or so in 2 minutes, which isn't great, but was enough ot win a physical fitness award in High School. Now I struggle to do 1 sit-up, because I carry all my excess body weight in the belly, and I'm 40 to 45 pounds overweight. Once I lose another 20 pounds or so, I hope to be able to start doing sit-ups which should help lose the next 20 pounds.
1 mo
That was a total body work-out, just like it should be. No weights, just wrestling, bag work, and cardio. Every muscle in my body aches, so I know I got a good work-out.
1
1