26 d

Which kind of swimming style you like the most?

Titli1995
Swimming is not only an individual sport in which one requires to move the entire body through water. This helps in exercising the muscles without putting the load on bone joints. A lot of effort goes into countering the drag that water produces due to its viscosity. Although a person would feel lighter inside water, the drag will never let your muscles relax while moving. I am not a professional swimmer but I swim for relaxation and as an exercise.
There are basically five types of swimming styles in which you can swim.

Please choose which one is your favorite and why?

For me, I like all those styles and I love to play with water. But the butterfly stroke is the one which I like the most.
The reasons are-
  • There is high utilization of the core abdominal and lower back muscles which lift the body out of the water when breathing.
  • Glutes are used in the leg movement like a dolphin.
  • Many other muscles mainly from chest, hand and legs are needed extensively in this powerful stroke.
Front Crawl / Freestyle
Butterfly Stroke
Breast Stroke
Vote C
Back Stroke
Vote D
Side Stroke
Vote E
GirlGuy
28
15