What irritates you in text messages?

To me it’s when people use... after a word or a sentence.

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When people message you and say "hi". Then you respond right away and they never text back.

Oh and saying lol as a response to something that wasn't funny...

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• one word replies, not replying at all even tho they read it, using emojis not fitting to the text like whatΒ΄s that eye rolling emoji expressing when you say something?

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• 3 dots... ?

Well...
    Sorry you miss perfect...

Jk :P I use it when I try to make dramatic micro silence.

I hate when you see somebody is online and they don't respond to your message. Like, can't you just say you are busy?

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh so that’s why you use itπŸ˜‚

Yeah that’s irritating too.

• Use it proudly! Punctation signs are there to be used...

• It’s not to overuse one is enough.

• Seeing "Hey" followed by absolutely nothing, it's completely asinine and tells me that you couldn't be bothered to think of something useful to say. It would be better get a text that says "I want to talk to you, but couldn't come up with anything" at least give me something to work with.

4|0
    0|0
    • It's very interesting to see exclusively female upvotes for my comment, thanks ladies.

• when they say words that could easily just be written and sound normal like
    brb= Be right back
    wyd= what you doing?

k and lol I understand as they suit their roles but the other two are just unnecessary.

2|0
    0|0
  • Emojis.. It just makes you look like a feminine loser. I accept when woman use it but when men use it it’s completely different

1|0
    0|0
  • When they reply with only one word, it pisses me off, like how the fuck am I supposed to reply to keep the convo going or know what to say?

Or if I'm the one that always message them first, and they take hours to reply...

1|0
    0|0
    • i think thats the point, they are trying to end the conversation so you DON'T reply

• You really use text for conversations? I use it for dates/Meetings and if i need to know some quick info

• When people try to have long conversations over text.

1|0
    0|0
  • Exclamation points after almost every sentence. Like really, you don't have to be yelling all the time or stop acting so enthused. Too much enthusiasm makes me want to vomit.

1|0
    0|0
  • I still take a while to text back and people get upset if its not an instant reply. I just got my first smartphone a few months ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too many emoji's, just seems childish πŸ€—πŸ˜πŸ˜‹πŸ˜™πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜˜πŸ€”πŸ™„πŸ˜šπŸ€—πŸ˜₯πŸ™„πŸŒ½πŸ“πŸπŸ’™πŸ’₯πŸ—¨πŸ€™πŸ½πŸ‘ŠπŸ½πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

3|1
    0|0
  • everything, if you can call, call, dont live on texting me. I like hearing a persons voice once in a while

1|0
    0|0
  • When they use too many of those acronyms such as lol

2|1
    0|0
  • For me it's when someone gives a closing response in the middle of a conversation. No feedback or anything. Just "cool".

1|0
    0|0
  • What irritates me the most is when words are missing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lack of punctuation, acronyms, little effort with grammar and laconic responses.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like this...

2|0
    0|0
  • What about two dot

1|0
    0|0
  • πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i use...

1|0
    0|0
  • Using shortcuts like U, Ur, Tmrw, and Srs.

1|0
    0|0
  • Short responses and lead to boring conversation

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing...

2|0
    0|0
  • K...

2|0
    0|0
  • Someone who uses commas instead of periods,,,

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh I see... πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • Short replies (1 to 2 words) after a long text

2|0
    0|0
  • Being the only one to initiate a conversation.

1|0
    0|0
  • To me it's excessive sms lingo

1|0
    0|0
  • Short replies

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm and kk

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls expecting to get text first everytime is af

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly replies short

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• Replying with only one letter or one word. It only annoys me if it's consistent though

Or if someone messages" hi "and adds nothing else. I ignore " hi's "

Also, if they always just respond to what I've said , and don't have anything to say themselves. It becomes boring

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I hate that too. I had a guy who did that after EVERY sentence and I called him out letting him know that if he uses an ellipsis after every sentence he must sound like a retard, because he's literally constantly pausing.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Hi how r u 2day m8!"

This type of text really irritates me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Mele babu ne kana kaya?

• Show All
    • Hahahahah oh I get it lmao

• Yeah :P Super Annoying.

• I get agitated when people use like,

β€œK”
    β€œLol”
    β€œBrb”

To me if you’re only replying with short words then you must not be interested in texting or communicating with me so just don’t reply back lol

1|0
    0|0
  • When they text me something so dry like "oh cool" "πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚" "oh okay" "that's nice/good." I usually leave these kinds of messages on read and then the person on the other end will hit me with a dumb question like "why did you leave me on read?" I be like "cuz you was being dry." And it goes on from there

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like texting, but when I do, and someone responds with "k", they're done. No more texts from me

3|0
    0|0
  • to

me

is when

people

write

like this

in texts

1|0
    0|0
  • when people keep using one word replies for everything you say

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been known to use ellipses, haha. But, I use them sparingly, and usually only for dramatic effect.

Honestly, it grinds my gears when people intentionally misuse language, or simply can't be bothered to learn the proper way to use it. I'm not talking about the occasional misspelled word or grammatical error; I'm talking about pure negligence. I think that written language is a beautiful thing, and I hate when people abuse it. I think the worst abuse comes in the form of text abbreviations.

I don't understand the purpose of them. It's actually been empirically demonstrated that they're not overly time-efficient--cutting down on a few characters per word saves you approximately 0.4 seconds per text. But, at what cost? At the cost of looking wonky, that's what.
    Plus, it communicates to me that texting me is so tedious that you feel it's worthwhile to save as much time as possible.

1|0
    1|0
  • When people just respond with things like "Right." or "Ah I see."
    Typical expressions that lead to boring or no conversations.

2|1
    0|0
  • what irritates me is when people get irritated over silly little things

0|0
    2|0
  • Text language and overuse of emotes. Something about them that just pisses me off.

1|0
    0|1
  • When people resppnd quickly for the first two messages but take a life time to finish the conversation.

2|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you, I hate when people use ellipses after everything.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate long texting like people want to tell you the story of their life over a text message and I don't have any patience

1|0
    0|0
  • When i say 2 or more points and they only reply to one
    Or wen Dey type lik dis

1|0
    0|0
  • OH SHUCKS, am I in trouble... lol

1|0
    0|0
  • SeenπŸ‘€

1|0
    0|0
  • When people DONT respond

1|0
    0|0
  • Repeating themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • Too much short forms

1|0
    0|0
  • Okie...

1|0
    0|1
  • Not using apostrophes and using random letters which stand for something (but I don’t know half the time.)

1|0
    0|0
  • Short replies and k.

1|0
    0|0
  • The three dots... (cause it makes me think they are annoyed)
    And when I'm in a serious conversation with someone and they type then stop and repeats for ages.

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s exactly my reason too or it feels like they are trying to diss you.

• Yes exactly!

Recommended myTakes