Which phone on the market takes the best quality pictures?

• samsung galaxy note 8
    Vote A
  • iphone x
    Vote B
  • google pixel XL
    Vote C
  • other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Buy yourself a proper camera... a good starter DSLR would b Canon EOS 1100d, 1200d or 1300d... range in price from 300 to 600

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Get an inexpensive phone just to send messages and call and buy a good camera from Nikon or something. No phone has a truly good camera, so I'd say it's not worth buying an expensive ass phone for.

1|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• A, B, and C all have excellent cameras, but each is a little different and is better at one thing over another. The iPhone's camera is lower resolution and not the greatest camera, but it has excellent post-processing and is really good with the "portrait" function. The Pixel is the best camera and lens system, but in a few situations the post-processing isn't as good as the iPhone. In other situations, its pictures are clearly better and higher resolution to boot.

The truth is, unless you have very specific needs that are better served by one specific phone, you really wouldn't go wrong with any of those choices. The other one I'd add to the mix is the LG V30, which also has excellent cameras, including a wide-angle camera that's unique to it - and has extensive manual controls for those who want to be able to make the adjustments themselves. (BTW, a couple of reviews were based on pre-release camera software that has been updated since release).

cdn0.tnwcdn.com/.../LG-V30-F-1-of-1-796x448.jpg

cdn0.tnwcdn.com/.../LG-V30-F-1-of-1-796x448.jpg

Having said all that, you can still get better pictures with a $300 point-and-shoot, but the gap is quickly narrowing, and having the camera integrated into your phone and all its apps and networking is a huge plus. And if you need REALLY good pictures, you're still not going to beat a DSLR, or even come close, with a smartphone camera today.

2|0
    0|0
  • So many picture features that it is crazy. This phone takes professional photos. You can blur out the background and show your face and make it crystal clear. The background can turn black and make it look like you are in the void.

1|0
    0|1
  • Hey look all the girls are convinced that iPhone X is the best thing on the market! SPOILER ALERT: they probably have no idea how to read the technical specifications!

1|5
    0|0
  • Samsung takes way better pictures than iPhone. IPhones are purely a status symbol. I've never seen them complete any task any better than even the cheapest of smartphones. But there's a picture of an apple with a bite out of it on there, so it's better.

I'm assuming the pixel probably has a better camera than the Samsung though, since they're touting it. I don't have first-hand, but Google has the capital.

0|0
    0|1
  • the pixel. no doubt about that.

the iphone however is better at generating a more satisfying image for people who don't have an idea of fotography or technology at all.

1|2
    0|0
  • I have the Galaxy S8 and it takes amazing pictures, except for night and dark shots.
    I have printed and placed some of the day shots in competitions and won ribbons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Any new SONY phone 21MP camera and 4k filming quality

0|1
    0|0
    • which model is that ?

• Show All
    • @cavmanier hmm. so MP doesn't matters?

• @Decentguy Um well. It is nice. It's really nice if you want to crop images. I'm not sure (I studied photography but didn't get real deep), but I think higher MP can lower image quality. In order to have detail for a pic, you need light. Pixels take finite detail resources. So if you don't have enough detail from the lens and image sensor, you have ugly fuzzy pixels. You want a balance though. This is why when Apple fairly recently still used 8 MP (or even 5 MP possibly) cameras, they still had the best image quality. You just couldn't crop it as much. This is kinda what I really like about Apple (I'm even have an android). Apple is great at marketing function. They don't market the specs as much as Android. Apple may have realized that not going to 12MP + didn't look good for their image though or there could have been a real functional reason for it. People love the sexy marketing numbers though.

• I have a Pixel 1 and the camera is amazing. Great selfies in very low light. Very high resolution. No idea about the others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pixel = better camera
    iPhone = better photos

Turns out the average person doesn't know how to take proper photos. I know, I know, I was shocked as well.

0|0
    0|1
    • So you are saying Pixel has better camera that X, but X takes better photos? LOL

• I'm saying that the average user is too retarded to properly use the camera of the Pixel.

I can drive a car faster than I can fly a plane, but that's because I don't know how to 7/11.

• Honestly all three of those are terrific and are at the top, beating out any older phones.

I have the X, I like it a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Non on the above. The Pixel 2 has the best camera on the market. And it doesn't matter it it was the Pixel 2 or the Pixel 2 XL because they both have the same camera.

0|1
    1|0
  • Razer phone, they just updated the software for the camera

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a Samsung Android, and it takes better quality pictures and video than my camera. I just can't zoom in, 'cuz it downgrades the quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most Androids support a lens attachment that will enhance the zoom and quality to a real camera level. Get an Android and add your upgrades.

0|0
    0|0
  • Independent ratings show Pixel 2 XL is highest rated.

1|0
    0|0
  • Buy any random android phone and, buy a DSLR. They'd cost far less.

0|1
    0|1
  • Huawei Mate 10 Pro has one of the best camera at the moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • my boss has a google pixel. nice photos. But my Iphone 7 plus is good too

0|0
    0|0
  • HTC phones have usually a good camera but you should use an other camera app the HTC app is bad

0|0
    0|0
  • An actual camera.

1|4
    0|1
  • The iPhone 10

0|0
    1|1
  • Android no i Phone ;---)))

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Defoooo pixel, have you apple users even set eyes on one? Oh wait what am I talking about, y'all wouldn't even have bought an iPhone in the first place if you'd known other phones existed! Yeah, there are better options? Literally every other phone on the planet! Who knew?

0|0
    0|0
    • you'll have to imagine this with a lot more ! s and? s to illustrate my point dramatically and sarcastically since this site just can't seem to post my comments the way I wrote them, ugh

• According to DxOMark, the Google Pixel 2. www.dxomark.com/.../

0|0
    0|0
  • IPhones have much better camrea quality.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes