How often do you back up your phone?

I haven’t done mine for awhile 🙈 it’s been going for an hour and a half - does anyone seriously do this on any kind of regular basis?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• no never there is no real point to a phone ur photos either auto save to googles OneDrive or u have the option to upload them to a pc everytime u plug in ur charger to a pc wether its apple or android and the apps aren't important to back up as they save to the internet and can be redownloaded contacts also have there own system so there's no real reason to apart from if u have apple and get that annoying message

1|0
    0|0
    • I never plug it into a PC 😛 which is why it’s taking so long

• Show All
    • i had a apple i never backed it up then wen i got this new phone which is a google pixel phone the 1st one i just did a transfer of all my files over to the new the phone it took about 10 mins so u can backup if u want but there is no real reason to and if u get a android it can be much quicker as u can just go into the folder and copy paste it all to the computer

• You may feel there is no reason to back up, I do 🤷🏻‍♀️ If I lost a few months of data I’d regret it. It’s an almost full 256gb phone, it takes time regardless of how the data is copied across

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have anything on my phone, all of it goes to cloud services... Google photos, mail, Evernote, game save files, it's all on the cloud.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• Once in about in 3-4 months.
    If you have an iPhone turn on airplane mode and then take backup, otherwise it takes ages.

1|0
    0|0
    • It took so long lol thanks for the tip

• welcome, when its not on airplane mode, its always connected to wifi/network and is constantly receiving data, thats why backup never stops and keeps running constantly.

• Mine does a cloud backup nightly.

Before that, doing a wired backup would take I think 30 minutes or so? depends on the connection.

Phones get wiped, lost, destroyed, corrupted. If you have a lot of stuff you value it's worth backing up.

1|0
    0|0
  • All the important stuff is on the sd card and backed up to Google services. I occasionally backup stuff from the phone and sd card to my PC, but it's just drop and drag so it is quick. When i used to have an iphone it was a pain to sync/backup to my computer. Took forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never back up my phone. I manually back up important stuff like pictures I want to keep in Google drive and every 6-8 months factory reset the device to keep it running how it's supposed to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I back up my phone's contacts every few weeks.

The photos auto-backup to the cloud when on wifi, and the music is backed up on my PC already.

1|0
    0|0
  • Apart from photos, music, contacts and some documents, I don't think there's anything important enough to be backed up.

So, I plug it into my PC and copy the new data there (roughly) monthly. There are a few benefits of doing so
    ●Back-up (duh)
    ●Time efficient
    ●No need of a network connection
    ●No Internet data loss
    ●No need to remember passwords
    ●Lesser chances of hacking
    ●Media can be streamed on multiple devices
    ●Can delete unnecessary files on phone to maintain storage availability

The only downside is that you will have to protect your HDD (or SSD if you're rich) from damage and accidental formatting.

1|0
    0|1
  • Never, I don't keep anything on my phone for a long time.
    When I make pics for example, I send them to my e-mail address and later save them on my laptop (with a back-up on a stick).

0|0
    0|0
  • I do kind of. I never keep anything important on my phone

1|0
    0|0
  • yes.. I do... that for my contacts... some other stuff...

1|0
    0|0
  • Very rarely do i back up my phone. I really should do so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Just cloud it or plug it into a laptop and move everything especially if you have a lot on it

0|0
    0|0
  • I have most stuff auto backing up over two cloud services that sync all the time.

Mostly nothing else to backup.

0|1
    0|0
  • All of my important information are stored on a external hard drive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. I don't rely on my phone like most people that I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did it about half an hour for my daily routine. No one be seriously do this on any kind of regular basis

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely... Only when I'm switching the OS or messing with the software

0|0
    0|0
  • I literally never do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think at least monthly once we shud do it as it would risk the data that we have on out phones..

0|0
    0|0
  • What if you're a criminal and have to change phones every few days?

0|0
    0|0
    • 😛 I think you’d be a pretty shitty criminal if you kept a back up of your activities

• Haha well it's not like i would back up my drug and dead body pictures, i would be careful i would make sure you never find any evidence against me, i will buy a company and sink all my income in it. Also i would use codes and secret messages while talking on phone. Um i think this doesn't have to do anything with your question xD sorry about this

• I've never backup my phone in the 4 continuous years I've had it

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never done it

1|0
    0|0
    • You don’t have stuff you’d like to keep? Phone numbers, photos?

• Eh, I drag my photos to my laptop every so often, usually when I load it with a new audiobook

• People back them up? lolol

1|2
    0|0
  • Not really the only back ups I do are for games

1|0
    0|0
  • I do every week

1|0
    0|0
  • Only the addresses, on Google

1|0
    0|0
  • Never.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not much

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't back up my phone it does it by itself lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

1|0
    0|0
  • Every 6 months

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think I have ever done a full back up. I have certain data backed up on my Google account, but that's pretty much it.

0|0
    0|0
  • i have icloud, my iphone back up itself

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think I have ever.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely which is bad! I need to do it more regular.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never even thought of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once per week or so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes