Black Mirror fans: has the show changed the way you think about technology?

So I recently binged Black Mirror on Netflix. The show makes me feel sick to my stomach, but I just can't look away. It's disturbing but totally captivating.

For people who have watched the show, how (if at all) did it change your view on technology?

As a follow-up, do you think technology will ultimately do more harm than good?

1313

Most Helpful Girl

• I stumbled across it on the YouTube... And liked it a lot! Have watched the whole series.
    First I admired the professionalism (screenplays, actors, esthetic values and the creative ideas!)
    Secound, I was happy with its novelty... Something connecting presence and a futuristic fairy tale.
    More it was always exciting to watch and be surprised by the plot.
    My 10/10

The view - yes, sure... Especially that I am not a technical person... But got visuals which spoken to me 😉

Yes... More harm to average person, especially youngsters. I have lived for 30 years without mobile and now have daily contact with teens... Definitely I would change the law to let them use mobiles only out of a school and 2 hours daily lol 😁 (talking only about this area)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• The serie is a criticism of actual society. It does not go feel enough and do not provide any possible solution. You send to refer only to episode 1, my opinion was that they stopped when it becoming interesting because it would have require a feeler and real work.
    Technology is a tool and won't arm anyone. Our society suffer of a lack of education with spoiled children. You will end up in the same debate pro or against weapon. The problem is not the tool but people getting to dumb to control themself.
    The first episode is actually a criticism of credit score, a thing that does not exist in other countries. It's also a criticism of how shallow people became with the use of social media.
    When you know that Facebook was made for people to not be lonely and in the end people use it to brag... And even making money with advertisement.. it appear to be disgusting.
    I don't know how the society will recover from what we are becoming and you can't seriously ask about dangerous technology when you ask that from your phone or computer :)
    To summarize: technology is not dangerous, lack of education is.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE