If social media removes "harmful" content, should they be responsible for things they fail to remove?

Censorship works both ways. Remaining independent from content makes websites simply a 3rd party publisher of user opinion, with no liability for what is posted. In contrast, once action is taken to decide what is acceptable, the platform assumes responsibility for the content of it's users.
If social media removes

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Your question is perfect. I think they should be responsible, yes.

Most Helpful Guys

• Major social media platforms should not be allowed to remove any content protected under the 1st amendment

• not only that but who decides what is considered harmful. something one person would find offensive, others wouldn't