Is it strange to have absolutely no presence on social media/the internet?

I'm 24, and unless you know my full name and access public city records, I don't exist anywhere.
I have no personal Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, MySpace, anything.

I have no desire to publish any details of my life on the internet, or share personal data with large companies like FB/Google. I have a lot in common with Ron Swanson, if you've seen Parks and Rec.

My best friend recently (jokingly) said that is "serial killer behavior" and "super weird". And a few new friends thought I was some sort of foreign government agent.

Is it really THAT weird? Is my tinfoil hat on too tight?

2959