Do you know how people got answers to their questions like ours in earlier times? Most of the times they found them out themselves?

Regmorus
Or they asked their friends (in reality) or,

if the question required some professional opinion, they went to the corresponding specialist on the topic.

They used to go to the library, they used to find and read books to find their answers.

Don't you think that the format of asking and answering questions online makes everything more simplistic, less challenging and in the end much less enhancing development, power of will and supporting laziness and being satisfied with incomplete, simplified picture?

A culture that encourages to turn life into entertainment, to turn self-responsible actions (of enquiring) into lazy clicks and typing on the keyboard, to replace social interactions and discoveries by a bad simulation of such.

Don't you think that the forums like this one are rather to regard as a phenomenon of intellectual zombifying and degenerating parasitism than as a helpful exchange of knowledge?

Clearly by healthy usage real actions of enquiring are not completely replaced by forum activities. But even a slight replacement should be maybe considered alarming or rather not?

What do you think? Is that overthinking or the ugly picture of truth we turn ourselves away from?

(My opinion is not existent though it might appear it were from the choice of words. Or you can think that I am intentionally trying to implant some idea in your mind to let you be less objective by giving your opinion... for some reasons. But, lol, The forum has so much influence on me that I am to lazy to think of my real opinion on that. LOL)
1
0