What things one should be aware of or be careful about before moving to the United States?

1021

Most Helpful Girls

• Always have a backup plan. That could be at least 3 months of rent money if coming alone. Don't assume everything will be handed to you... you have to work hard to get what you want. But in all, this place is pretty nice if you stay focus on your goals and avoid using social media.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you for answering. I will be coming there as a graduate student and most probably would want to work there too. What states or cities would you prefer to live in IG you were me?

• Well I haven't lived in any other state other than New York. So I recommend New York because it's the only state I've live in and know well. I'm sure there are better states to live in. You should research which states best suits YOU and would be the easiest for YOU to live in. Google search "cheapest state to live in the US" or "best state to live in the US", that could help.

• If your accent isn't 100% American be ready to be verbally attacked by white nationalist hillbillies with nothing better to do with their lives.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have got an Indian accent. Which states tend to have more white nationalist hillbillies? Texas?

• Alright! Thanks.

• avoid them there city slickers, they ain't know not much up'ere in there so called "brains"

jk just joking around

Most Helpful Guys

• God I hate the stupidity in this thread.

Okay I will give it to you straight because either everyone is fucking so progressive or slightly racist. (Starting to think I rather be Alt-Right than be a Progressive >_>)

The news are not really news. They shove their opinions in it (more than usual and dont disclose it at all) and distort the overall context. This might be super difficult for a person like you coming to the US, wanting to find the truthful news. Get your news from independent sources. I prefer Tim Pool on YouTube. He keeps up with current trend and sometimes goes above and beyond typical news companies. He was left for a while but he describes himself more in the middle of the spectrum. He discloses whether something is his opinion or not: http://www.youtube.com/user/Timcasts

How to tell which is distorted from the overall truth, use The Knife Media website. They've been credible, they analyze typical main stream articles, and they rate how distorted they are from actual reality: http://www.theknifemedia.com

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Alex Jones is your best friend... And Paris13 xx

• Thank you! I will look at these websites. I appreciate the help.

• You're welcome mate. If you have any more questions, I can answer them and try to be unbiased as possible lol

• Scammers. I call them the 'salesman types.' They're everything from a bum on the street asking for free money to the whore sucking your dick while mentioning she needs help with her rent. For females it's that guy sweet talking her just to use her for one thing. They are the products that don't sell themselves, thus there is always some type of talking head behind the concept like when you get a phone call and he says he's from the IRS and you owe money, but you're just a teenager and you hand the phone over to me..."I'm a U. S. federal investigator and our phone line is being traced as we speak. I only tell you because I don't want entrapment to be used to squiggle out of charges in court. Can I have your name and badge number again please?" They hang up.

This place kind of has a way of making you hate the bums. Hate the rich telemarketers. Hate the politicians... and even the news anchors that falsely report on them. Baby boomers really fucked the rest of America down the line... Plato was right about when people try to vote themselves rich. It just so happens that pandering to illegal immigrants that also want money will be more than happy to vote for who will give them more free shit... the opposition tries to build a wall to resist this collapse of society (the last sane ones left). Me... they're all fucked and this great country is going to fall to socialism AKA communism. I don't care anymore. I'm becoming more and more nylest in a very different way.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree with you on most of the things you have mentioned. What country do you think is doing alright?

• Oh god... great question! You just made me realize that I hate every country. I only see the bad first. I guess it depends on work ethic first. Governments reward and punish certain choices. So in a country that taxes a diligent worker to a great extreme in order to give a voter that wants a free ride in return for a vote is probably going to want to move to a place where their diligent work won't be taken advantage of for such reasons. Like they are still aware that all that tax money could still be money in their pocket instead... like the workers that don't pay taxes because they're illegal... and that country needs to build a wall and enforce the laws.

Meanwhile in other countries... same exact pattern. Even the ones that used to be just too far for free loaders to reach... not anymore.

So... my answer is the country that is least socialist/communist.