What one thing on your travels has impressed you the most?

Can be human behavior, something man-made, natural beauty, wildlife, or something else.

1629

Most Helpful Girls

• I think for me, what has impressed me the most is the ability of humans to adapt and thrive in a variety of climates and environments. I just got back from Jamaica and it was such an incredible trip. I spent a lot of time on the beach but one day, we took a trip up the mountain to visit a plantation. The road up this mountain was pretty scary. Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to mountains but this was a bit different than I'm used to. I've never driven up a mountain with chunks of road missing, rickety bridges, and no guard rails to protect cars from falling off. Lol

But anyway, what surprised me was the amount of homes and people up there. With the road being so bad, I didn't expect to see so many people living there on the side of the cliff. I wondered how they even got the building materials up there. It was just really interesting to see and I was definitely impressed. It was great to get to talk to the locals too. I was able to learn a lot about them and how they live. Overall, great people and a great experience, I can't wait to go back. 🇯🇲

• I know friends who have been to Jamaica and they say it's the best vacation spot they've ever been to. Much less expensive than Hawaii, as well.

• @ericclayton haha true. But the food down there there was relatively healthy to be honest. They eat a lot of rice, grilled chicken, seafood, and various vegetables. So the main unhealthy thing was just alcohol. Lol I'm not a super big drinker though so even that probably wasn't terrible for me.

• 7d

Thanks for MHO!

• I think the most enjoyable part about all of my adult travels was the taste of foreign food.

I loved the oysters and sashimi I tried in Australia

I also liked culture and art and landscape prestige

Which is why I enjoyed the cruise I took in New York
    And the art galleries I visited in Spain
    And the beautiful buildings in Australia - there was one with images of bees all over the ceiling. I also photographed a beautiful mural that was painted onto a local mall.

Most Helpful Guys

• Seeing all the different perspectives people have. And marveling about just how rough some people have it. When I was in Cambodia there were families living in 8x10 grass huts along the road. Where do you go from there?

• I'll never forget the smell of the leather tannery in Fes (Morocco)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeuMcYB4BL8

• And I'll never forget the discussion I had with students at Al Ahzar in Cairo
      And I'll never forget the discussion I had with Bedouins at their camp at km43 in south Tunisia, 100 miles into the Sahara south of desert town Douz.

• And hearing a bull frog making noise like a hungry panther. 😆

• 7d

The stench of a tannery is horrible