What one thing on your travels has impressed you the most?

Can be human behavior, something man-made, natural beauty, wildlife, or something else.

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think for me, what has impressed me the most is the ability of humans to adapt and thrive in a variety of climates and environments. I just got back from Jamaica and it was such an incredible trip. I spent a lot of time on the beach but one day, we took a trip up the mountain to visit a plantation. The road up this mountain was pretty scary. Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to mountains but this was a bit different than I'm used to. I've never driven up a mountain with chunks of road missing, rickety bridges, and no guard rails to protect cars from falling off. Lol

But anyway, what surprised me was the amount of homes and people up there. With the road being so bad, I didn't expect to see so many people living there on the side of the cliff. I wondered how they even got the building materials up there. It was just really interesting to see and I was definitely impressed. It was great to get to talk to the locals too. I was able to learn a lot about them and how they live. Overall, great people and a great experience, I can't wait to go back. 🇯🇲

0|1
    0|0
    • I know friends who have been to Jamaica and they say it's the best vacation spot they've ever been to. Much less expensive than Hawaii, as well.

• Show All
    • @ericclayton haha true. But the food down there there was relatively healthy to be honest. They eat a lot of rice, grilled chicken, seafood, and various vegetables. So the main unhealthy thing was just alcohol. Lol I'm not a super big drinker though so even that probably wasn't terrible for me.

• 7d

Thanks for MHO!

• I think the most enjoyable part about all of my adult travels was the taste of foreign food.

I loved the oysters and sashimi I tried in Australia

I also liked culture and art and landscape prestige

Which is why I enjoyed the cruise I took in New York
    And the art galleries I visited in Spain
    And the beautiful buildings in Australia - there was one with images of bees all over the ceiling. I also photographed a beautiful mural that was painted onto a local mall.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Seeing all the different perspectives people have. And marveling about just how rough some people have it. When I was in Cambodia there were families living in 8x10 grass huts along the road. Where do you go from there?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll never forget the smell of the leather tannery in Fes (Morocco)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeuMcYB4BL8

0|1
    0|0
    • And I'll never forget the discussion I had with students at Al Ahzar in Cairo
      And I'll never forget the discussion I had with Bedouins at their camp at km43 in south Tunisia, 100 miles into the Sahara south of desert town Douz.

• Show All
    • And hearing a bull frog making noise like a hungry panther. 😆

• 7d

The stench of a tannery is horrible

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• I lived in Romania for a few months. I can't just say one thing that surprised me. Everything was beautiful, the mountains, the old architect, the food was delicious, the language, everything. But the culture really stuck out to me the most. Their culture is a little behind the times but the locals said not much changed since communism ended so that makes sense.

0|2
    0|0
  • Never been outside of the Caribbean so I don't think I have that great of a knowledge. I think I learned that there are many cultural similarities like dishonesty and disrespectful behavior. Also Jamaica is famous for the things other Island are better at. My country is not the most beautiful nor does it have the most friendly people. It doesn't have the best attractions nor is the music better. But still other Islands can have the best at these things and get totally ignored.

0|1
    0|0
  • i went to Detroit..
    me and my friends wanted to eat ice cream. so we found one place to eat. that ice cream store looked so clean. so we tried to park behind that store but what the fuck... it was burnt the posterior side...

0|1
    0|0
  • The Yukon in Canada is so beautiful! I live in the US and don’t see too much wilderness so it really stuck with me!

0|2
    0|0
  • honestly, what has impressed me the most is the fact that I grew so much from the experience of being away from my parents, and learning from the people around me. It was humbling.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven’t had the chance to travel much... but I have met a lot of people from different countries. It amazes me the little everyday things that are universal.

0|1
    0|0
  • The one thing that has impressed me the most was on my Thailand vacation - the nature.

You could see massive stones, green-blue oceans, and exotic fishes swimming in the ocean.

0|2
    0|0
  • I realized that there's a whole world out there beyond my own, and I'm aching to explore more of it one day

0|1
    0|0
  • Just how redneck Texans can be.

0|1
    0|0
  • Looking at different cultures and places

0|2
    0|0
  • cemeteries and thunderstorms

0|1
    0|0
  • Kindness and friendliness of strangers

0|2
    0|0
  • Foreigners the language and culture.

0|3
    0|0
  • Europe with train is absolutely must in life 😁 beautiful villages and nature, especially mountains

0|3
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• The size of houses.
    Americans have to have BIG house, while in other countries the houses are small

0|1
    0|0
  • Cultural shifts and developing a broadened sense of what is “normal” if that makes sense...

I came to a realization of sorts that growing up, it was like I was in a bubble... there’s so much more to life than what you grew up thinking there was. What is/was normal to you, maybe isn’t normal at all to someone else living outside of your “bubble.”

Even when you know things are different in different states, countries, regions of the world, etc., I don’t know if it fully registers or “clicks” until you get out there and see and experience a different way of living for yourself. It really broadens your world view... your view of humanity as a whole, and potentially even alters your way of thinking.

It’s kinda hard to explain... it just gives you newfound perspective. Something that a stray vacation here or there, may not necessarily bring.

I’ve moved from the East coast to the West coast, in the United States, and from the North to the South... even within your own country there are large societal, cultural, and political shifts that really make you think and ponder what life is. It’s very interesting, and had I just sat on my butt and not done anything with myself and stayed miserable in my hometown these last several years, I really don’t think I’d be the same person I am today, mentally or cognitively.

0|1
    0|0
  • this fish impressed me when i saw it at ripley's aquarium at Canada during my trip/vacation there

0|1
    0|0
  • Impressed me? That I didn't die rafting the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • Driving in phillipeans and Vietnam is fucking retarded it's just a million people per lane on mopeds. It looks like everyone is about to crash every 3 seconds. I dont think anyone there ever takes their hand off the horn. Shit was crazy.

0|1
    0|0
  • How fast United States really is the wilderness and how hard and rough it was for our pioneers to accomplish what they did to bring us today

0|1
    0|0
  • The golden gate bridge blew my mind the first time I saw it. Id highly recommend visiting the bridge!

0|1
    0|0
  • I went to the Grand Canyon and was absolutely blown away by how much mankind has shit all over it in the name of capitalism.

0|2
    0|0
    • 7d

Get down in the canyon on the side trails and you won't even hardly know people have been there.

• 6d

That wasn't an option on the trip I took, but I want to. I know people who've done it, and they said you still see trash about. That should result in prison time, as far as I'm concerned. Too few people know and care about respect these days. Geezus, I'm getting old!

• Having traveled to much of the world and meeting a multitude of my fellow human beings from a myriad of cultures, religions and nations. I was able to learn one simple truth, and that is that most people on this planet are basically good and wants to do good. Now they may hate you and you may hate them. You may even go to war with them, as I did. This is Because of differences in religion the way to govern themselves and personality conflicts that does not mean that they are bad people. We need to learn to Live and Let Live and to be able to communicate with each other no matter what we need to be able to get past all the hate these global religions of peace and love have for each other. That's just the way I see it i could be wrong its happened before and it will happen again

0|1
    0|0
  • Nature! Out in the country side it's always empty, no people, so relaxing and charming

0|1
    0|0
  • The nature itself.
    Humans dont impress me well, we always find a type everywhere.

0|2
    0|0
  • The beauty and diversity of the world and the people in it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would have to say japan is really great cause the people are nice and polite and the. culture is amazing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Exploring of no cultures food religion and learn they more about new and old Civilizations

0|1
    0|0
  • Cultural differences, the way whole cultures can have a certain demeanor

0|1
    0|0
  • Do not need travel, unless for natural beauty women

0|0
    0|1
  • The serenity of Antarctica in summertime.

0|1
    0|0
  • "man's" ability to adapt.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yosemite National Park.

It's awesome.

0|2
    0|0
  • The mountains here in Colorado

0|2
    0|0