Travel: Would you rather go backpacking or stay in a luxury hotel?

And why?
  • Travel: Would you rather go backpacking or stay in a luxury hotel?Backpacking
    Vote A
  • Travel: Would you rather go backpacking or stay in a luxury hotel?Luxury Hotel
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Backpacking, depending on where it was and what there was to see but I think that a good nature vacation if it's planned out right can beat a five star hotel any day because it's an experience and maybe so is a luxury hotel but you can't buy nature

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking is more my style, even if money were no object.

I think the luxury hotel would be my choice in Singapore, Abu Dhabi, St. Petersburg (Russia) or Dubai, though.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Back packing was pretty much how I grew up. Back then we called it camping.

1|1
    0|0
    • That's awesome. Do you still go backpacking?

• Show All
    • Awwww, that's too bad. πŸ™ We may have our aches and pains, but we must keep active! "A body in motion stays in motion. A body at rest tends to stay at rest", as they say. Hopefully things won't always be that bad going into the future. All the best to you! πŸ™‚

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• Backpacking. I don't like lavish t
    places or lavish people

1|0
    1|0
  • Backpacking for me, the amount of experience you will gain, the different people you will meet, the adventure, you are part of the journey.

While staying in luxury hotel sounds cool, but it doesn't taste the same as walking through the country

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking! 😍 I LOVE nature. It is still my goal to hike all 2,200 miles/5-6 months of the Appalachian Trail. I was set to hike it in 2012, but unfortunately, I had to pull out at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. But nature is where I feel truly at home and one with my surroundings. It speaks to my soul. πŸ’™ I'd rather be in sleeping bag in a tent under the stars than stay at a luxury hotel. Backpacking all the way!

1|0
    0|0
  • I enjoy backpacking but, as I get older, my body is showing signs (arthritis and just not having the energy I used to) - so I would probably have to say hotel. But - I also am cheap and don't like to spend a lot of money on that sort of thing. So - to pick one - BACKPACKING for the win!

1|0
    0|0
  • I love to do both, I love the nature and privacy when I go backpacking and with friends there it makes it extremely fun but at the same time I do love staying at luxury hotels too, most of my vacations were at luxury hotels rather than backpacking and camping because there weren't many options to do that but lots of hotels... So if I had to choose, I would rather relax at a luxury hotel...

1|0
    0|0
  • I use a hotel to sleep there. When I sleep, my eyes are closed, and I don't see or use all the extras I paid for. However, some lodges and low budget accommodations are out of question to me: those with lice or rats, and stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • being a parent of two kids 3 and under if i go on vacation i need it to be for the purposes of relaxation. at a different time in my life i would've definitely considered backpacking

1|0
    0|0
  • They are both great but I like the surroundings of packing and conversation at night. It also depends on the location. I've had fun at Caesars Palace as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually I would like to do both. Go for a hike then come back to the hotel to relax.

However if I had to choose one or the other I'd probably choose the luxury hotel. Cause I value relaxation much more than hiking.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hotel, I like the comfort. Plus you can still go on the same hikes and return to the hotel a few days later.

When you're physically exhausted and sore a good hotel beats a hostel or a tent by milees

1|1
    0|0
  • I would stay in a luxurious hotel and go backpacking for a couple of days and finish my trip in the hotel.

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking, for sure. It's just more interesting to me. Resorts are nice, but they aren't really relaxing the way hiking to a great view is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have done both, each has it’s positive and negative, but the luxury Hotmail has a lot less negatives. Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • definitely luxury. i like backpacking and all, but let's be real for a minute

1|0
    0|0
  • I have done both. Hotels are more comfortable but back-packing is more fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay in a luxury hotel.
    My foot keeps me wanting to be indoors

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking, I Love the outdoors, has some amazing beatification and experiences if you allow.

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking because it is more fun and you see more stuff and country, hotels are too much pre programed I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Hotel. I'm not interested being and sleeping in the middle of nowhere where I can come into contact with snakes, bears etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Luxury by night and backpacking by day as I like comfort when sleeping

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends why not stay a hotel that nestled in the most beautiful country sde

1|0
    0|0
  • woow, if it's just me myself I will go to luxury hotel and if I am with someone then backpacking

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the company. If it’s with SO it’s Luxury. If with my friends it’s Backpacking

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking. Hotels are big. I don't like hotels.

1|0
    0|0
  • I see we're torn.

1|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking

1|0
    0|0
  • Luxury because I really like nice places

1|0
    0|0
  • Luxury all the way!

1|0
    0|0
  • I would hike by day luxuriate by night

1|0
    0|0
  • Luxury hotel

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Backpacking.
    When I went to US and Vancouver two months ago, I backpacked and stayed in hostels. It was my first time doing so and I really enjoyed the experience.

1|1
    0|0
  • i kinda want both, an exciting back packing trip then end it with a stay at a nice hotel

1|0
    0|0
  • Luxury hotel. I don't enjoy backpacking and camping and stuff like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cause I live for excitement and learning new and interesting things. I can't see or learn things of the world staying in a hotel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm definitely backpacking travel! I love to explore new places <3

0|0
    0|0
  • The one with the best exercise. Haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Hotel. I want sleep. I'm a panda.

1|0
    0|0
  • Luxury hotel... I’m not fond of the outdoors.

0|0
    0|0
  • Backpacking! Luxury hotels are boring and too cliche after a while.

1|1
    0|0
  • I’ve tried backpacking and I say no thanks to dirty, broken hostels. Wouldn’t, and haven’t, done it again. I’d much rather stay at fancy hotels.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes