Why do Scandinavians speak English clearer then other Europeans?

I've noticed that Scandinavians speak English very similarly to Americans, and they are easier to understand than other nationalities who tend to have thicker accents. Why is that?

619

Most Helpful Girl

• Scandinavian language are quite near English language so it make it easy to them, learning English is very important to them and they get good education of it.
    In France we're the worst in all Europe with Italy in English XD

Most Helpful Guys

• Yeah this is true. There was a Swedish exchange student in my class before. She said people over there learn English and in school they're taught with American English. Accent wise, American accent just tends to be more easy to understand in my opinion.

• probably just because their native accent lends to a easier time of speaking English clearly. may have to do with influence on the English language from the nordic visitors centuries ago