When you Think of the United Kingdom, What is the First Thing That Comes to Your Mind?

In 1922, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland became its own independent island country in Europe, composed of smaller nations. I've never been to the United Kingdom, but when I think of the UK, I think of London, Edington, Glasgow, Cardiff, Glastonbury, Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Beatles, the Gorillaz, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Dan le sac v Scroobius Pip, tea, bad teeth, ugly women, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Harry, royalty, the 2012 Summer Olympic Games, and funny accents.

517

Most Helpful Girl

• Yet our teeth are in better nick than Americans whose shaved their teeth down to stumps to put fake teeth on where their healthy natural teeth were.. horses spring to mind

The real uk
    Full of history including Henry the 8th and Jack the Ripper, regicide,
    Castles a plenty, the infamous Tower of London, Edinburgh’s old town with its underground streets, our scientists, Stonehenge, our currency as our notes are our own and of different colours

fish&chips with or without the pickled egg or onion, HP sauce, the full English breakfast, the deep fried mars bar, irn bru, Haggis if your Scottish, our sense of humour where the word fuck is acceptable in every sentence,

Most Helpful Guys

• Human rights abuses
    No free speech and press
    Muslim rape gangs
    Football
    Fields
    Brick homes
    Funny accents

• Regarding the "No free sppech and press"...

I read stories where people are getting in legal trouble for internet trolling. Not threatening, or harassing, but just making inflammatory troll comments.

Things like that make me not want to move to the UK.

• Yikes!

I won't be visiting the UK anytime soon.

• I’m from the Isle Of Man (that tiny island right in the very center between all the others.

When I think of the uk I just think of shitty dodgy grimey cities, chavs, slags and shit culture.

Basically the UK is just a shit place.