How many trips abroad do you take per year?

• 1-3 trips
    Vote A
  • 4-8 trips
    Vote B
  • More than 8 trips per year.
    Vote C
  • I dont travel abroad.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I went abroad 2 times this year, although it was for business as well as leisure. Going abroad solo has helped me grow a lot, and I better understand the world and know the difference between stereotypes and the realities behind them.

I would suggest everyone to go on a solo trip abroad at least once in their life. You will come back feeling like you are more complete for yourself, and your self esteem rises to it's peak.
    It did for my case and I'm just 20 by the way.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice! I was thinking about going alone to France. But Im scared lol

• Show All
    • Yeaah, thats exactly why Im scared. As a girl, Im scared even more. But I dont know, I still want to go. But my friends and mom would be very disappointed and they already say that I travel too much lol. I already have a ticket to France and my friends diched me. So I have to choose quickly (I dont have a hotel reservation yet and the trip is in the end of January).

• Your parents know you well. I had to convince my dad before going abroad solo and it took a lot of effort. I told him how everything was planned and constantly asked him if he knows any better way. Maybe you should try that too. If your parents see what you have planned out, they may understand it.

I wouldn't suggest you to go solo if your parents don't think you can make it alone. Try going someplace in your country alone. And show your parents that you can not just survive but excel without their support.
      Best of luck!

• The average American less than one unless you live near the Canada or Mexican borders.

1|0
    0|0
    • Im from Europe so its surprising to me. We travel a lot in EU. I guess that its more expensive in USA.

• Show All
    • Interesting. Its 40 hours / week in my country. But we have 1 month for holidays that we can take whenever we want + public holidays (Christmas and etc) + weekends.

• Enjoy it while it lasts.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 51

• Over the few decades it has averaged a few times a year. I like to travel.

2|0
    0|0
  • On average one.
    I told myself that I will try to visit a new country each year

1|0
    1|0
  • I travel for work and we have international locations, so I went outside the US quite a bit in 2018. This past Monday I returned from holiday in the UAE and Oman, 2 weeks from now I'll be in London and Paris, Toronto in May, Switzerland and Prague in August, and India and Maldives in November. Those are just the planned trips, but I know there will be more.

1|0
    0|1
  • Almost never. The times I did was because my parents made me. Now that I'm alone, I make my own decisions. I don't want to spend money on that stuff. Staying home is good enough for me. If I was a millionaire then I might go on 1 or 2 trips per year.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we include work-related trips, 4-6, depending.
    People who work as consultants for big international companies often travel far more than that.

1|0
    0|0
  • in the past usually at least 2 per year. since having kids... i've only been out of the country twice in the last two years

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been out of the country five times in my lifetime- Canada x2, Mexico, Greece, Haiti- so about once every 12-13 years or so. Would like to see Italy and Australia, plus Alaska in the US.

0|0
    0|0
  • I travel abroad an average of zero times per year. However, if I had an extra million dollars sitting around I'd probably travel at least twice a year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to go all the time, but I have only gone 4 times in my life

1|0
    0|1
  • Not much traveling abroad, look to change that in the coming years

1|0
    0|0
  • Traveling to Europe is very expensive I only go for a vacation. I'm not affiliated with a company that requires me to go to go back and forth a lot

1|0
    0|0
  • That depends on how many times shoes get left laying the the hallway, along with vacuum
    cleaner hoses and dangerous
    items and toys, known to break
    a few necks during household
    falls. 🤕

0|0
    0|0
  • I travel just here in the US mainly. I particularly like the Southwest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Last year was just one, Korea. But most years it's 3 or more. Paris is happening in a few weeks!

1|0
    0|0
  • I travel withiin the country on business all week , every week. When I'm not traveling for work I just want to stay home.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2. Summer vacation, and Christmas I go back to my hometown.

1|0
    0|0
  • Last year alone I made around 8 or so trips out of the country.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally for work. For holidays (vacation ) stay at home country ,,(UK)

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been abroad. I've been stuck where I am for my whole life

1|0
    0|0
  • I wish i could travel even once a year... but somethings you just can't

1|1
    0|0
  • I want to travel more but I'm financially challenged

1|0
    0|0
    • Cheaper then living costs in the US, depending on where you go..

• Andrew0478 is right.

• There are places where you can survive for just 10 bucks a day, and still be getting the best treatment available there.

• I don't have the budget or free time to go on the kind of trips abroad that I'd like to go on.

1|0
    0|0
  • It was always only once each year but has increased significantly lately. It's quite costly if we keep this up.

0|0
    0|0
  • About once a year I leave my home, but I don't leave the country.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only one abroad with a broad, (Har har har) Seriously it was too much trouble. That trip will be my last trip abroad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Used to be 3-4 times a year. Now more like every other year.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before, I would take 1 trip. Eventually, I'd like to take more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wish I could more. Traveling to Japan and Mexico were life altering experiences for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No cash... That's why.. Otherwise... I'd travel... I think?

0|0
    0|0
  • Once every few years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 37

• It's about a biannual thing at this point. Flights are expensive.

1|0
    0|0
    • It really depends on where you live. For example EU flights aren't expensive

• Zero... But for this year have one planned to Turkey (will see will it happen at all) and I really hope I can visit India too 😊

1|2
    0|0
  • While I have travelled overseas, it’s not on a yearly basis. Most of my travel out of the country is to neighboring countries like Bermuda, Mexico, Jamaica, Canada or Panama and the Caribbean.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not take any trips abroad any more, but I used to live overseas and when I did that I did travel a lot as much as I could.

1|1
    0|0
  • "E" ENDED a Few Years back when Things got Too Whack.:((xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Including work-related trips abroad, about 3-4 international outings.

1|1
    0|0
    • Year-round, there are numerous good deals you can buy here in the Philippines to many neighboring countries and, sometimes, Europe or North America.

• If I travelled 3 trips a year abroad I wouldn't come on girlsaskguys.

And I have a fear of being judged on my skin colour. So I stick to where my parents brought me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why you wouldn't come on gag lol? I travel ~ 5-6 times per year and Im still there sometimes. Its 21st century, you won't be judged on your skill colour. Also, you can find countries that are more tolerant than others if thats your fear.

• Lol its 21st century and thats main reason I will be judged on my skin colour. ._.

And great for you... you have all the energy to waste.. I don't.

• Right now I am not traveling abroad. My Last trip was more than 2 years ago. Currently

1|0
    0|0
  • 1 every few years. Couldn't swing an international trip every year

1|0
    0|0
  • As much as I can but it's mostly 1-3 times per year (except we count my often visits to Germany). However I'm happy with that.

1|0
    0|0
  • i really want to travel but i just don’t have the money

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the year. I already have 4 trips books till April this year.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1-3 but I want it to be more because I love traveling

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont take trips abroad at all. No time for vacaions but most of all no $$$ t spend to travel to foregin countries

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly I haven't taken any. most of my travel is state to state us

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 or 3 being in the EU and traveling to other countries in the EU I don't know if that counts.

1|0
    0|0
  • As I am next to the frontier I often go for shopping over the border because it's cheaper.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven’t traveled abroad since I was 4.

1|0
    0|0
    • I come from a family of 8 so traveling abroad would be ridiculously expensive. We do travel but we stay within the US.

• Sometimes I travel abroad and sometimes I stay in my country. They are many beautiful places.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well so far it's 1 every 25 years 😔

1|0
    0|0
  • About 2-3 trips, usually off peak season.

1|0
    0|0
  • 4 to 8

1|0
    0|0
  • Last time i traveled i was 13

1|0
    0|0
  • As many as possible, 4 in 2018.

1|0
    0|0
  • 4-8 trips