Are you interested in visiting Buddhist temples and other religious sites?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I've seen quite a lot already around the Far East (Asia). Somehow, the temples in (Kyoto & Nara) Japan seem more interesting that those of other predominantly Buddhist nations.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes, to experience and understand other beliefs, as well as observing the structure of the temples.
    I think there are a few in Texas..

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Of course.
    Religious/spiritual places have a beauty and culture you don't find anywhere else.
    That's why I think atheists or followers of other religions should visit religious places.

Also, Buddhist temples in particular manage to create such a peaceful and outwordly atmosphere.
    Just look at the one in Milan, it doesn't even seem to be in such a metropolis.

0|1
    0|0
  • Though I am wholeheartedly Christian I love educating myself on other religions. I have visited Buddhist temples in Japan and Shinto shrines as well as a few Jewish Temples and Muslim Mosques in the USA. It is all very interesting to me.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• although I'm not religious, I find those old buildings fascinating. would love to visit as many as possible!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I’m not religious myself but I have an interest in those kind of places.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i like learning about different beliefs and cultures

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m open to visit anything to learn about other people’s culture

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I respect other religions too 😊

0|2
    0|0
  • Not really
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes because I'm Buddhist.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 17

• You know I am

0|1
    1|0
  • No I'm not interested in history, I have no interest in architecture and I believe that you can enlighten yourself without having to visit some mystical temple dealy

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm fascinated by those kinds of places yes. But I've been to enough Buddhist temples already. 😅

0|1
    0|0
  • I think ancient monuments are more interesting than the temples that might still be in use, like Angkor what.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. They're a part of the culture, and I like to learn about different cultures.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I live in Buddha cultures and have met too many people who have been demon possessed because the monks themselves are demon possessed and they are seeking people for possession. I will give you one example she is now in 60’s when she was about 20, she sought a monk to give her the power to make money. He told her to return to the temple at 11pm. She did he was sitting in the dark and his voice was strange. He told her to dance naked before the god (demon) in the temple and she would have a life of wealth. She did. From that day on she became a nymphomaniac and has spend the rest of her life fighting the demon in her but always succumbing to the desire for sex. To this day she has never been able to experience love and a family. When I stayed at her house, I would hear her and another arguing. She told me that the other voice was the demon living in her.

0|1
    1|0
  • Yes. I would like to visit many places. The deepest darkest parts of the rain forests interest me.

0|1
    0|0
  • No better place to visit religious sites other than India

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd like to see architecture and such of those places.

0|1
    0|0
  • You visit religious sites you learn more history of the culture, people, and country

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted no, but I'll say yeah. Why shun any aspect of getting educated?

0|1
    0|0
  • In Kyoto, that's pretty much all you do :)

0|1
    0|0
  • absolutely

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes to all

;)

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I would like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope I avoid all religious places like the plauge

0|1
    1|0
  • I dunno, I hear them Buddhists can get kind raucous.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes