Did you know the U. S. isn't the only country to use the standard system?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_per_hour

Aside from Myanmar and Liberia, which were the other notable ones that refused to go metric, I just learned from our good friend @JimRSmith, that the Brits and several of their former colonies, also use the standard system.

All this talk about, "the U. S. needing to switch to metric, and catch up to the rest of the world." It turns out we're not so stubborn after all.
  • Of course I knew this, you moron!
  • What the hell? The U. K. doesn't use the metric system? This is news to me
  • JimRSmith is fucking with you, and you fell for it
    Vote C

322

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not "standard system", it's called Imperial system.
    Yeah, it's used in less than 5% of countries in the world, and those are all mostly dependencies or semi-independent 3rd world countries like Samoa, Dominica, Grenada, Puerto Rico etc... USA and UK are the only 1st world countries using it.
    All other developed countries use Metric system.

• Thank you for MHO

• Its called the "Imperial system" for a reason. Also the Imperial system is actually already based on the international system in the first place, as in they have a kilogram weight they use to calibrate how much a pound is etc..

Most Helpful Girl