Have you ever had to be evacuated/rescued while on vacation?

This question was inspired by the Norwegian cruise ship that had engine failure amidst turbulent weather.

www.google.com/.../ncna986616Have you ever had to be evacuated/rescued while on vacation?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• On holiday in Egypt we took a hot air balloon ride over the Nile, we ended up crash landing into a school field when our pilot lost control, the beauty of it was no one got hurt but the whole school seemed to evacuate their lesson to run up to us in the basket to check we were ok, shake hands and exchange gifts... very surreal experience but a very warm one as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, thank goodness, Have been lucky enough to have positive travel experiences.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have not been evacuated but I was out in the woods and there was a lightning storm. Lightning hit a small island in the lake I was staying next to and the whole island caught on fire. We had to kayak out there with buckets (once the storm was over) and put the fire out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I once got stuck in China due to a typhoon. We had to drive hours to get to open bridges so we could get back to the hotel before the typhoon hit. Then we were stuck in the hotel through the next day. But never had to be rescued.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No, I'm mindful of things like hurricane seasons, and avoid going to places during risky seasons. Thus far, I've been fortunate with stuff like earthquakes, military coups and other disasters, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not on vacation, but my town has had to evacuate a few times due to flooding and wildfire.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh that would be really awful to be on a cruise ship...

I had to evaculate from Kiawa usland SC due to hurricane. Have been run out of florida due to hurricanes, but the timing worked well each time.

1|0
    0|0
  • It was a minor thing but I think one time we missed our boat ride and got ferried to shore by a smaller boat instead - the smaller boats actually felt a lot better than the bigger boat we were supposed to go on and they didn't ask us to pay extra since we didn't go on the regular boat.

1|0
    0|0
  • ya no... I don't like cruises lol... for this exact reason
    I hear this so often.. not the helicopter part but getting stuck in crazy weather and things flying left right and centre inside...

ya no lol... besides I've always found people on cruise ships a little weird lol 😂
    weird like swingers lol... I dunno why

1|0
    0|0
  • Well not on vacation but I had a shitty '93 Ford Taurus that broke down after an impromptu trip about 300 miles away from home. Anyway had to walk a few miles and ask to use the phone at a podunk gas station. My sister had her husband drive all the way there to come get me. This was close to 17 years ago..

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow, right as you asked this question I was watching the video on Twitter.

I haven't thankfully, that looked scary.

1|0
    0|0
  • Thankfully no. I have read more bad things about cruise ships than I have read good. You read about virus outbreaks, people falling overboard (must be trying tom get selfies doing the Titanic thing) bad food, high prices, over crowding, small cabins, and none of it looks like it does in their advertising pics.

1|0
    0|0
  • thankfully not, but did family did have to go to the hospital/er while on vacation

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Not me and my family. We’re lucky there wasn’t a hurricane on St. George Island in Florida during 2007.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell NO! I'm off on holiday soon and really wish I did not read this questions :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Not yet (🤞knock on wood) that's my worst nightmare (I've seen titanic 😨)

1|0
    0|0
  • Thank goodness no... safe travel

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope i haven't...

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope but evacuated before during a hurricane