Have you ever had to be evacuated/rescued while on vacation?

This question was inspired by the Norwegian cruise ship that had engine failure amidst turbulent weather.

www.google.com/.../ncna986616Have you ever had to be evacuated/rescued while on vacation?

822

Most Helpful Guys

• On holiday in Egypt we took a hot air balloon ride over the Nile, we ended up crash landing into a school field when our pilot lost control, the beauty of it was no one got hurt but the whole school seemed to evacuate their lesson to run up to us in the basket to check we were ok, shake hands and exchange gifts... very surreal experience but a very warm one as well.

• Nope, thank goodness, Have been lucky enough to have positive travel experiences.

Most Helpful Girls

• I have not been evacuated but I was out in the woods and there was a lightning storm. Lightning hit a small island in the lake I was staying next to and the whole island caught on fire. We had to kayak out there with buckets (once the storm was over) and put the fire out.

• I once got stuck in China due to a typhoon. We had to drive hours to get to open bridges so we could get back to the hotel before the typhoon hit. Then we were stuck in the hotel through the next day. But never had to be rescued.