Does travel really broaden the mind?

Does travel really broaden the mind?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It does for me. Apart from learning about other cultures, way of living and their worldly views, it also makes me appreciate living in my own country. I am more thankful with the comfort of life I have.

Having said that, I feel great responsibilty to help the poor. I donate and give funding to provide clean water, to feed poor family, give away things I don't really need for those who need them.

Speech made by Angelina Jolie about luck and opportunity pertectly describes what I feel:

"I have never understood why some people are lucky enough to be born with the chance that I had, to have this path in life and why across the world, there is a woman just like me.

With the same abilities and the same desires, same work ethic and love for her family, who would most likely make better films and better speeches.

Only she sits in a refugee camp, and she has no voice. She worries about what her children will eat, how to keep them safe, and if they’ll ever be allowed to return home.

I don’t know why this is my life and that’s hers. I don’t understand that but I will do as my mother asked, and I will do the best I can with this life, to be of use."

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, you'll see how others live, what are their beliefs and culture. Afterward, you may show more tolerance towards immigrants and foreigners. Traveling helps to debunk insular and narrowminded views.

0|1
    0|1
    • 6 d ago

Try travelling to Sudan sometime, I wonder if your view towards travel and tolerance will holdup then.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would definitely agree with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! I was lucky to travel across the world from Thailand to New York from November 1999 to June 2000 at the age of 18 and there was no mobiles and social media... I met and experience different cultures like no one will now!
    I feel blessed with my memories. Xxxx and if Instagram was around then... all my profile would show would be happiness, vulnerability, and an amazing experience! I bought a VW van to travel over New Zealand and my friend and I lived in the elements!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, openness does not correlate to travel. Even if there was a big correlation, it would depend on where you go. Say, if you went to Japan it would probably raise your opinion of the Japanese.. but if you ventured to Sudan then you'd probably be less tolerant of their culture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it does. You get to meet people from different cultures, eating new and interesting foods, and see things you would never see if you don't travel.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so, yes! Seeing how other people live and how they show and share love is a good and valuable lesson

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think so.. to see how others live their life and experience different culture would broaden the narrow minds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. It makes you appreciate different cultures and environments. I love traveling. 😇

0|0
    0|0
  • It does! though it's nothing compared to reading my (carefully selected) textbooks

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's more like it makes you believe you did so you can feel better about yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Only broaden dick but if someone really learned something then why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Really wow I'm shocked at that response

• 6 d ago

Why are you a 13 year old girl that uses hackneyed cliches? If you live in any metro in a diverse nation you grow up with people from every corner of the world, heard their languages and music, and ate their foods. If you’ve ever turned on a TV, you’ve been bombarded with what it’s like to travel to every place in the world and all the cultural history of a place in full HD. You can get live streaming news from just about any country in the world at your fingertips. If you’ve been on the internet you’ve talked to people from all over the world and had unlimited information available to you in all forms of media about just about anywhere. If you’ve shopped before in your life you’ve probably bought products/crafts from all over the world and if you did it online they had a good chance of being shipped from just about anywhere (right now stuff from Laos and China are in the mail coming to my house in the USA across the Pacific ocean). The world is more connected than it has ever been in history so unless you have been extremely shelter in some remote corner of the world under a rock deep inside a dark cave lost in the woods on a misty day, there’s a good chance you’ve already seen, heard, tasted, smelled, and touched just about everything the world has to offer. The world is a lot smaller than it use to be... People tend to travel for selfies these days… It’s good to have a break from work and do something different for a little bit to unwind, but traveling isn’t a transformative activity (that’s just what little girls say).

• Yes!

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it does

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes