Does travel really broaden the mind?

Does travel really broaden the mind?

78

Most Helpful Girls

• It does for me. Apart from learning about other cultures, way of living and their worldly views, it also makes me appreciate living in my own country. I am more thankful with the comfort of life I have.

Having said that, I feel great responsibilty to help the poor. I donate and give funding to provide clean water, to feed poor family, give away things I don't really need for those who need them.

Speech made by Angelina Jolie about luck and opportunity pertectly describes what I feel:

"I have never understood why some people are lucky enough to be born with the chance that I had, to have this path in life and why across the world, there is a woman just like me.

With the same abilities and the same desires, same work ethic and love for her family, who would most likely make better films and better speeches.

Only she sits in a refugee camp, and she has no voice. She worries about what her children will eat, how to keep them safe, and if they’ll ever be allowed to return home.

I don’t know why this is my life and that’s hers. I don’t understand that but I will do as my mother asked, and I will do the best I can with this life, to be of use."

• Yes, you'll see how others live, what are their beliefs and culture. Afterward, you may show more tolerance towards immigrants and foreigners. Traveling helps to debunk insular and narrowminded views.

• 6 d ago

Try travelling to Sudan sometime, I wonder if your view towards travel and tolerance will holdup then.