What are your opinions on "plus sized" models?

Anonymous

Now don't get me wrong, I understand that many women who are plus sized are not over weight, it's just their curves, and such. I'm just not understanding the women who are overweight, and out of shape that are models. I see on facebook these heavy set women who are "models," being the most out of shape people I know, eating nasty foods that are horrible for you, promoting that it's okay to be big.

Let's face it, many people aren't model status. I would never be able to become a male model, I don't have the looks, I don't have a flat stomach/6 pack, etc. I accept that I'm not good enough looking to be a model, most people should since its true for them too. Why do plus sized models and their supporters not accept it? No one said that they're ugly, they're just not the right body shape to be a model, again as I'm not either.

Plus sized models and their supporters say that anyone can be a model if they want, they can't eat what they want, not exercise, etc. What many people don't realize is that true models take care of themselves. They eat right, they go to the gym multiple times a week, etc. That's why they look the way they do. They're hard work paid off at becoming a model. Now anyone who feels as though they should be a model, can become one, which isn't right.

Furthermore, the plus sized models and supporters are being bad role models. They're promoting being unhealthy. I've never understood why people get so sensitive about being fat. If you don't want to be called fat, then lose weight. It's a matter of choice, you have free will, no one forced you to become fat, and no one is forcing you to not become skinny again.

I myself used to be overweight, until I realized how unhealthy, out of shape, and bad my body shape was. I lost ~60 pounds with months of diet and exercise. So I understand what it's like to be fat and then lose weight, but after hard work, I now look great. It's a choice to be your body size, stop supporting unhealthy people.
8
16