How do you feel about the passing of Chris Cornell?

He was the lead singer of Sound Garden :/

119

Most Helpful Guy

• it's a bummer dude. but it's kinda funny now, because I've met soooo many "closet grunge fans" it's ridiculous. I swear everyone is claiming to be a fan of his music just for the attention since he died. "ohhhh man. your favorite musician died? here, have an extra 20 minutes for lunch break." "Dude, why are u being such an ass? Oh, one of your favorite musicians died? I'm sorry bro. Here, have some of my chips."

Most Helpful Girl

• So sad. It's unfortunate how many celebrities commit suicide. My dad was very sad about it. He remembers seeing him in concert when they were a new group.

What Guys Said 18

• Chris is one of my top heroes in the music world! The man is up there with greats like Freddie Mercury for just how well he used his voice. He was a very underrated songwriter who could adapt to a lot of genres of music - he could scream, hold a note, I believe he had a fascination with harmonics from a very early age in regards to his singing. I'll miss him!

• I wasn't an active Soundgarden fan and Audioslave fell apart way too quickly, but I did like his vocal style.

• didn't know him. never knew about him until I opened yahoo news. don't care.

• I didn't know he died. The only song I've heard of his is You Know My Name. I don't really feel anything.

• Really sucks man, I fucking LOVED Soundgarden. I was thinking of going to the show last night because I actually live in South East Michigan. Really sad I'll never be able to see him perform.

• A man abandoned his wife and family. that is tragic. But when a person that influenced so many takes their own life that deserves nothing but contempt.

• Don't listen to anything he made. Couldn't care honestly.

• What? That sucks. He made the best James Bond opening song ever.

• sucks for his family, wasn't a fan tho so its whatever

• We lost another great one.

• Well everythinh I'll ever need to hear from him has been recorded so its all good

• :(...

• loved his Bond Soundtrack.

• Its a shame

• I couldn't care less.

• Very sad, he seemed like a nice guy. Not a fan of his music.

• he was also the singer of the supergroup audioslave, and he was the singer i believe in the band temple of the dog..

i hate when someone says "oh he was in such and such", and doesn't quote any other band they were in. makes me think they weren't fans at all

• Sucks real bad. I wonder what he was going through to take his own life.
    Rest in Peace 💙

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!