Man those are some good safety brief videos right there.
Oh, I just now watched the video. That story makes sense since the phone was plugged in.
Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions
*Sorry not "dropped" but connected with water in some way.
I don't know but the new Samsungs that have come out are waterproof so it was probably an iPhone
Right, because when a new phone comes out, all the old ones are immediately and magically replaced.
No, considering a majority of teens are iPhone users im most likely right; as usual.
What's the source for that claim?
Google you should try it.
Translation: I pulled that out of my ass because I don't like it when I'm proven wrong. Secondly, I don't think that dropping the phone in the water by itself could have electrocuted her. Phones run on batteries; they don't generate enough charge to fry you, even if water is a conductor. It would have to be the charger, so even if the phone were waterproof, the charger wouldn't be (because what kind of idiot charges their phone underwater?).
Have mercy and keep your sentences short and to the point. I liked your translation, your secondly was boring as fuck.
How quaint. A boy who thinks he can best me with indifference.
I know i can, i just choose to be respectful at first.
but ya I know what you mean, it just being a little odd... like is that what really happened...
she probably had another electronic thing
im in the eu, adapters dont work differently here, i mean your phone wouldn't be good off if you give 240 ac to it
@betamale1337 but the plugs are different with the flow of electricity. it does not give 240 ac only as much as the phone needs but if you stuck a fork in it you are really fucked
It's exactly it, because it's an absolute shame when someone of the Arayan race dies.
*invokes my White privilege*
@Toad-1 I'm fittin to play my white privilege card https://pics.me.me/Facebook-f06f75.png
⬆ this is gold 😂😂😂
wow so it was plugged in no shit she was gonna get shocked SMH
shake my head
Apparently, it was according to the parents... but I don't know, I have never heard of this happening before.
Phones hold a minute amount of power but the fact that it was plugged in could be what caused her death.
But an electric outlet in a bathroom?
Plenty of them around
Sure. Otherwise, how do you use an electric shaver, an electric toothbrush, a blow dryer, etc? Every bathroom in my home has at least one electrical outlet. However, the outlets meet current electrical code and are GFI outlets.
@CapnHawk batteries and I dry my hair in my bed room with a blow dryer
No outlets in a bathroom means you live in an older home.
@CapnHawk My dad works as an electrician i'll ask him one day
Dads always know!
@CapnHawk Hey i was wondering if you happen to know a man by the name of Chief James Frawley? name ring a bell at all?
Yep. Jim Frawley is the fire chief in San Marino. Very well respected.
@CapnHawk You didn't hear he moved? he's now up here in Santa Cruz county
Noooooo! I didn't know he headed north. He did a great job in San Marino. I met him when he was with Glendale FD, if I recall correctly.
@CapnHawk Yeah he was Glendale. He's relatively new up here. I'm taking a few of his classes next semester safety and survival... should be fun!; hands down the most professional guy I ever met, nice to chat with too. He was offered a job as chief for the county I think about a year ago?
@CapnHawk He must have been a captain when you met him yeah?
Yes, we were both Captains at the time.
@CapnHawk Small world, cool though :)
You never know!
After reading more into it, I think she got electrocuted because she used and extension cord to plug the charger in, if the end of the cord went in the water that would do it for sure but only if there were no GFI outlet in the bathroom, maybe that's the reason she had an extension cord, it may have been plugged into a bedroom outlet nearby with no protection. I was an electrician for 10 years and did on rare occasions find bathrooms with no outlet and just a plug on the side of the light fixture
Iphone chargers produce 5 volts at 1 amp and 1 amp is 5000 mili amps. It only takes about 1 mili amps to be considered a lethal dose.
@Takewithagrainofsalt I knew that, that's extremely rare for that to even effect the heart and that's not even how the poor girl died , she was using an extension cord to plug her charger in, she even had burn marks on her so that proves she got electrocuted by the 120 volts coming out of the cord from an unprotected outlet the cord was plugged into since she plugged it in with wet hands, the minute voltage from the charger could stop a heart rhythm on a bad heart but that wasn't the case here because of the burn marks on her hands
At least the one I read said it was.
Apparently she was electrocuted outside the tub 0_o
Another reason to not use that vibrating app as a play toy
at least she would die happy
You really shouldn't be calling her stupid considering what you just said wasn't exactly intelligent, either. 'Even I'm not that clumsy' implies that you'd still use your phone while plugged in, but you wouldn't drop it.How about you don't use the electronic device at all while sitting in a tub full of water? There's a novel idea.
Can I play with metal poles in lighting storms?
@Partywithtom I wouldn't risk it.
i said seem, not smell
What?I mean the most important "wrong" thing about this story is that someone died. Everything else pales by comparison.
Well, I think it's more of the fact she was 14 years old, and most 14 year olds aren't aware of everything that can kill you.
Yea but she should have known about the dangers of a chord that passes electricity from the wall to that device in your hand over a tub of water
Hmm if her phone was plugged in then it makes some sense... but I don't know.
I think it was plugged in.
I'm no electrician but even if it was plugged in, all chargers are adapters that transform power into 5 volts which I don't think is enough to kill someone!
The bathroom outlet should have had a GFI. That's standard code. The reset switch would have tripped, causing the power to shut off.
@bawfar As you stated you're n o electrician..Phone charger are low quality charger that doesn't have an isolated output, so you can sometimes find 110v or so on the ground of the plug.Drop that on the bathtub.. and you'll smile a loooot.