Thoughts on Josh Whendon operating the hollywood "casting couch" method of scoring with hot young actresses?

DonkeyRick69

"Fifteen years later, when he was done with our marriage and finally ready to tell the truth, he wrote me, “When I was running ‘Buffy,’ I was surrounded by beautiful, needy, aggressive young women. It felt like I had a disease, like something from a Greek myth. Suddenly I am a powerful producer and the world is laid out at my feet and I can’t touch it.” But he did touch it. He said he understood, “I would have to lie — or conceal some part of the truth — for the rest of my life,” but he did it anyway, hoping that first affair, “would be ENOUGH, that THEN we could move on and outlast it.” Josh'wife

+1 y
His storytelling has often stemmed from the “tiny white women punching and kicking things” school of feminism. Whether it’s Felicia Day, Amy Acker or Summer Glau, many of Whedon’s women act as proto-Zooey Deschanel types – the sort of willowy, big-eyed nerd-bait whose pictures ought to be placed in the dictionary alongside the term “adorkable”.
It’s very difficult to find female
+1 y
Harvey Weinstein was at it too.
3
1