Does the occurrence of three major hurricanes this year prove that global warming is a real phenomenon?

Does the occurrence of three major hurricanes this year prove that global warming is a real phenomenon?

Hurricane Harvey was a category 4 hurricane that devastated Texas with record rainfalls. Hurricane Irma intensified to a Category 4 hurricane before making landfall in the Florida Keys. Hurricane Jose is also a Category 4 storm but it appears that it will turn northward and die over the cold North Atlantic waters. Three Category 4 hurricanes in one year is unusual, but the Atlantic has seen three or more Category 4 hurricanes in one season on previous occasions. Also, Harvey was the first major hurricane to strike the US since Hurricane Wilma in 2005, an eleven year span without significant hurricanes in the US.

I have seen some online posts suggesting that God is punishing us for electing Donald Trump; some people really do delight in beating a dead horse. Of course, if someone suggested that God was punishing us for being tolerant of homosexuality, that speaker would incur the wrath and fury of the PC crowd for making such a ludicrous suggestion. I have not seen any of the PC crowd lambasting the Trump bashers; go figure!

I have seen others suggest that this has been caused by global warming. That theory at least has enough substance to deserve a reply. Do you think that the intensity of the hurricanes this year is a result of global warming? If so, can you please explain - in plausible terms - how global warming causes intense hurricanes and why we had a span of eleven years without a significant hurricane in the US?
Yes, this is a direct result of global warming
Vote A
No, there are natural variations in weather and an isolated peak in hurricanes does not prove anything
Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Add Opinion