Are fathers rights taking a hit in Hollywood?

I feel as though these accusations of sexual misconduct in Hollywood are only being brought up to stone wall the "fathers rights" "mens rights" and "MGTOW" movements catching popularity.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Bill Cosby (a legendary father figure in television) was taken down by such erroneous claims of rape.

Louie CK is now under fire for just flashing his dick to some nameless hoes 12 years ago.

And these accusations just so happen to surface right before his movie titled "I love you, daddy" was supposed to come out.

What are your thoughts?

I think it's all a plot to railroad the fathers rights movement and any positive image of men heading nuclear families or being involved.Are fathers rights taking a hit in Hollywood?Are fathers rights taking a hit in Hollywood?

722

Most Helpful Girl

• If you believe what you've said, than you will have to not only ignore years of historical cases of sexual abuse on many a casting couch in Hollywood, but also completely ignore the men who have actually admitted guilt or have been proven guilty or have yet to be proven innocent (you nor I know the truth on the latter until an investigation has come to a conclusion).

You forget that, long before we even had internet, mainstream news, or social media, or the likes of MGTOW and the like, Hollywood has long had issues with those in power, abusing it for their own personal gain. You act like all this "just happened" coincidentally in 2017, yet, as it was happening, men and women alike often had the same comment, like just another day in Hollywood... because... it happens so frequently to BOTH men and women that it was the least bit surprising to most involved in the business or otherwise. Youth and beauty always bring out the pervs and deviants in and out of Hollywood.

I think you have totally misinterpreted what both the men (which you also conveniently left out of this) and women making allegations are doing. They are outing a few particular men and women for what they have done, not pointing fingers at all men/women. Good fathers and men will continue to exist and do continue to exist and only true idiots believe a few FICTIONAL tv fathers or actors or directors are the representation of all men out there who do continue to live well and wouldn't think to harm a fly or harass anyone. I will also point out that the fight for more paternal rights existed way before 2017 and any of this came out in the news and it was no better a situation then, than it is now in terms of making positive sweeping strides for them to get more rights.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well we all know Hollywood has been exploiting and assaulting women, children, and yes, men for decades.

I personally think the higher ups in Hollywood are handpicking the specific dominoes they want to fall. (Cosby, C. K., Spacey, etc) otherwise, damn near everyone in Hollywood would have already been ousted.