France may set age of consent at 13 after man acquitted of raping 11yo, what is this world coming to? What are your thoughts?

Source

It is the second case in less than two months that came under the media spotlight for what is viewed by some as a verdict too lenient for a suspect accused of sexually assaulting a minor. In late September, an 11-year-old girl reportedly followed a 28-year-old man into his flat north of Paris, where they repeatedly engaged in sexual acts. The girl’s mother said that her daughter was devastated by what happened to her, but was unable to put up any resistance as she was numb from shock.

Despite her mother’s claims that the 11-year-old was unable to defend herself, the prosecutors dropped the charges of rape and charged the perpetrator with sexual assault of a minor below the age of 15 instead, brushing off the girl’s legal team’s arguments that she was unable to surmise what was going on.

• Its disgusting.
  • I agree with that.
  • Other/State your reason.
    Vote C

1228

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a bad idea. A 13 year old is not in the right mental maturity for anyone older than their own age. I know there will be plenty of adults that will take advantage of this. These poor kids can easily be manipulated into thinking that the relationship is healthy for them. When it is possible it is merely just a way of control.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• I don't agree with that. 13 year old children aren't mature enough mentally or physically to make a decision like that. If a 13 year old girl got pregnant, she wouldn't be able to take care of a baby, she probably couldn't even carry that baby to term. It would be extremely dangerous for her health and the baby. Her body is not meant to carry a baby at that age because she is still growing herself.

Where I live the age of consent is 17 for girls, 18 for boys. Even at 17, many people who choose to have sex aren't ready for the responsibility that may come as a result if the girl were to get pregnant.

• I ask the same thing when people chose to have sex before marriage. I keep saying it over and over again. It's going to get worse. This is sad, but it ain't news to me. Do people honestly think rapist care about age? At the same time, what was the 11-year-old girl doing following strangers? This is the first rules we learned as a child.

• It's the anti-sex before marriage girl again lol

• I don't see how you should be joking at a time like this knowing darn well what the situation is about. You guys want to keep playing this game with other people, it's not going to get any better.

• Unspeakable. When I was that age, I wasn't thinking of stuff like that. I think anyone below 15 y o. are children. Children shouldn't be robbed off their innocence. We are children only once in our lives. Let them enjoy their childhood.

• It's disgusting and the fact 46 % agree with this shows how a lot men are very sick and wicked.

• There age of consent currently is 15, i really think it should be left as it is.
    13 year olds shouldn't be worrying about stuff like that.
    Children grow up wayyy to fast in this day and age.

• France has always been one of the most openly sexual countries in the world so it doesn't really surprise me

• That poor girl! 😞

• Consent? a 13 year old should not be ours enough to consent to anything with anyone older than him/her.

• Key word: "consent".

• 😔😔😔😔

• 13 is definitely too young.

What Guys Said 27

• Rape and this happens in every country mo matter where.
    In the UK, legal age is 16.
    But 11/12 year old girls are pregnant etc, its nasty.
    Its sick, but these people who rape tend to walk free or don't get sentenced long enough in prison...

I'd love to kill them and not think twice about it!

The same way they don't think twice before commiting such a disgraceful act on an innocent girl/ boy, happens to both genders regardless of age...

Bring back the death penalty for these sick twisted fucks...

• I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, it can be incredibly damaging to kids. Many are traumatized, frozen by fear and confusion and unable to formulate a clear no in the face of sexual predation.
    On the other hand, when I was young, I was frequently molested, and it was the RESPONSE of adults around me who discovered it, rather than act itself, that was bad. Sexual exploration, which seemed innocent enough to me when I was a child, was met with shock, disgust, and even violent punishment. I was TAUGHT to see sex as a bad thing; it wasn't a natural effect. In the end, I actively sought out pedophiles and learned to conceal my activities from other adults. I never disliked the act itself; only the reactions it drew.
    Now, my experience may be atypical; I recognize that. But it may not be. Certainly, there have been entire cultures that did NOT share the modern Western view of "Sex is bad; we must hide it from our kids and not let them see it in a positive light." It's a tough call; how much of this is caused not by minors having sex, but by Puritanical mindset? I don't know and can't think of an ethical way to find out.

• Good. I think 18 is ridiculous. Show me a study that proves 13 year olds are incapable of consent
    I think 13 is perfect. Whatever age you learn sex ed in school should be the age of consent. There are too many teachers in US prisons because of stupid statutory rape laws that blame that villainze the teacher but put no responsibility on her horny students. These teens know EXACTLY what they're doing. If they're having sex with each other, the fuck does it make a difference if they're screwing their teachers? Sex is sex. I don't think ANY consensual sex should be punished.

• There was a historically grown 'omission' in the French law on rape.
    In another law, there is an age of consent at 15 mentioned but that wasn't connected to rape. Thus each case was left to the judge's and eventually jury's estimation.
    Mostly they went with he age of consent law. Not in these two scandalous cases.

• Was it a migrant? I hear that's happening in Sweden, Germany and even in England.

• not sure about that

• @Chris0012 I would agree. I have no issue with immigrants, I know a lot of them and they do embody the (cliché sounding as it may be) American dream. They work hard, they value our ethics our culture and our ideals that here you can if you work hard make your own life and the emphasis on individual freedom. However their are illegal aliens who come in and have no regard for our beliefs or our ideals, who exploit our systems and then demand more. These are the people that we need to get rid of, yet the left tries to lump them into the same group which is just allowing for the ever greater damage and ironically racism towards these groups. If your not allowed to call out the bad ones eventually you lump them all together and create the very racism you claim to want to get rid of. Its insane how bad things have gotten, you would have thought common sense would have been enough to prevent this.

• Illegal immigrants (aliens) are by their very definition likely to have criminal tendancies and have no respect for the country they have entered.

In Britain, illegal immigrants have crossed many safe countries before they have entered the country.

Illegal immigrants are responsible for a lot of crime, including gang related activity, welfare fraud, working on the black economy and terrorist offences.

Their presence in Britain is a malign one and they should be deported or sent to work camps.

• And let me guess... perp is a Muslim migrant?

• The Leftist news media WON'T identify the perp. However, th French rape-of-11-year-old-case happened in the suburb of Montmagny:

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/ girl-11-consented-to-sex-with -man-28-who-lured-her-from-a-park-french-prosecutors-declare/news-story/ b2093ce36c9cac0dff795e9305a197bf? ref=hvper. com

Montmagny is in the ring of "banlieus" mostly populated by Muslim immigrants, so... yeah, almost certainly a Muslim perp.

• was the rapist Muslim?

• 13? Lol
    Oh boy

That's going to open the door for a bunch of pervs. Like a bunch. Probably will 'suspiciously' increase toursim in France

• I think that there should be considered consent when they are both between 16 and 21. A person who is 13 should be able to have consent sex with people under 18, but if the other person is older can bribe the another person and that shouldn't be allowed.

• Who gives a shit? Do you know how many boys and girls have sex at that age? With other just as young?
    There are bigger issues in the world than who's fucking who.
    Mass shootings. Homeless. No food.
    That girl will live, unlike the victims of police brutality.

• I agree with most of what you say but 13 is a bit young. My ex wife started having sex with her father at 13. She was not ready for it. 16 is a better age.

• ... You know, I'm just going to let that go.

• Currently French law doesn't have an age of consent, That's why the judges ruled in the defendant's case. I know it's a stupid ruling and I don't agree with it either, but it is fair from a lawyers/judges standpoint. Also I think France's age of consent should be 15 at least

• You do not understand what age of consent means. It means someone who is 13 can have sex with someone else who is not 18 or older.

• wtf is wrong with the frech? Holy fucking shit.

• dude people in the middle east have been doing this since the beginning of time and its like a normal thing to them, this is not some horrible new development in the world...

• I would imagine at least part of the reasoning of this proposal is pandering to the Muslim population and the usual seedy and corrupt politicians trying to curry the Muslim vote.

• If charges were dropped the question of leniency doesn't arise. Also, everyone knows the French are perverts.

• Welp we doomed

• Horrifying

• The age of consent should be 16.

• Just one word. >Muslims<

• Eventual.

• Fricking french again

• I guess that's where all the pedos gonna be going to now to try and have sex with 13 year olds thanks to this new law implementation. It makes me wonder why those people that have sex with somebody don't verify the other person's age first, especially when they aren't for certain what their sex partner's age really is. Or maybe they simply didn't care and didn't give a shit or lied about it? Because that 28 year old guy's defense was simply, "well I had no idea she was 11, because she told be she was going to turn 15 soon", either he really was that dumb and stupid or he's lying and just didn't care.

• *mic drop*

• Age of consent is a tool of the NWO globalist used for population control. There used to not even be a age of consent, it was the head of the family aka the man of the house that decided when, not a mandatory age of consent. This is why a guy would have to go to the father aka man of the house to get his consent to marry his daughter. One step toward communism is to breakup the family unit and have everyone dependent on gov, which is why now there isn't any men in the houses anymore.

• oh and women were married at 13. Impregnated repeatedly and likely abused, yeah that's a really great system.

• "competing with younger men" I think it's trying to look after their welfare. A 12 year old does not have capacity to pursue a relationship with an older man.

• @lilaqua They certainly don't have the capacity now only because it's illegal, but they did at one time. And you say with younger men, however younger men are not established especially financially like older men are and that's one of strategies of the rule of separation to stifle the growth of the population. In the day before the age of consent when it was legal the older man was able to sustain a large family due to his ability to afford it. However the younger man wasn't and pregnancy outside of wedlock was looked down on and shamed and so was the father if he couldn't sustain a living for his family aka the younger men. Therefor denial was common and the girl was taken far away to have the child. Now, are you starting to connect the dots yet? It's not that hard to do.

• Italy already beat'em

• Menses onset should be the age of consent.

• Age of consent was something set up along long time ago by people who didn't understand modern society or maturity. People say minors can't give consent don't know there head from their ass. I know plenty of people personally that had sex at REALLY young ages and have turned out to be just fine. I am not NOT advocating a 30 something year old should be able to have sex with a 13 year old, but if two 13 year olds want to explore then so what? Life is too restrictive as it is and sex isn't some sacred ritual to be practiced every third week of a marriage like most believe. It's exactly because we put so many restrictions on kids that they act out, because kids NEED to learn from their own mistakes and not be sheltered and protected from REALITY.