France may set age of consent at 13 after man acquitted of raping 11yo, what is this world coming to? What are your thoughts?

Source

It is the second case in less than two months that came under the media spotlight for what is viewed by some as a verdict too lenient for a suspect accused of sexually assaulting a minor. In late September, an 11-year-old girl reportedly followed a 28-year-old man into his flat north of Paris, where they repeatedly engaged in sexual acts. The girl’s mother said that her daughter was devastated by what happened to her, but was unable to put up any resistance as she was numb from shock.

Despite her mother’s claims that the 11-year-old was unable to defend herself, the prosecutors dropped the charges of rape and charged the perpetrator with sexual assault of a minor below the age of 15 instead, brushing off the girl’s legal team’s arguments that she was unable to surmise what was going on.
  • Its disgusting.
  • I agree with that.
  • Other/State your reason.
    Vote C

1228

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a bad idea. A 13 year old is not in the right mental maturity for anyone older than their own age. I know there will be plenty of adults that will take advantage of this. These poor kids can easily be manipulated into thinking that the relationship is healthy for them. When it is possible it is merely just a way of control.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy