Girls, Do you consider this groping?

Girls, Do you consider this groping?(Please read all the details before voting) If you haven't heard Al Franken back in '06 during a U. S. O. show was pictured doing this to a sleeping radio host Full Story Here. It was and is wildly inappropriate maybe even more so now that he's been a Minnesota State Senator since '09 but my question isn't about that. (Though I think he should resign immediately for everything else in the article.)

I'm just wondering in a technical sense if this is groping or not. When used in a sexual context, groping is touching or fondling another person in an unwelcome sexual way using the hands. The vest she is wearing is about 7.5 - 8.5 mm thick. It also seems that she is wearing a jacket and sweater plus whatever clothes she's wearing. Al just looks like he's either barely touching the vest or just making a mock gesture like he wants to touch them.

My expanded question is: With all those layers of clothing and plating would you still consider that to be an actual grope if you were awake and some guy did that that way?

• Yes, it is groping.
    63% (19)
  • Kind of but not truly.
    20% (6)
  • No, I wouldn't consider that a grope.
    17% (5)
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

Most Helpful Girl

• If he made contact with her. Even if he only "technically" touched her vest. That would be a violation of her space and depending on how aggressive he was or how sensitive her boobs are, she'd possibly feel the pressure. I've slept through house rattling thunder storms but woken from dead sleep when someone breathed too close to my face. There's just something about people entering my space that puts my sub conscious on alert.

What Girls Said 12

• Not really,.. but I do consider it inappropriate knowing the full extend of the harassement he employed on her...
    He forcebly kissed her and then he passively agressively harassed her for the entire time they were touring together... So... yes... within the context, it IS harassement.

If this was just for laughs then I wouldn't take it seriously, it would've been a stupid joke as far as I'm concerned.

• It’s totally inappropriate and basically having fun at the woman’s expense, and without her knowledge which is just plain wrong on several levels But to be a “grope“ I really think his hands need to be touching her, not just referencing/imitating the touching of her breasts.

• It depends on the level of comfort between the two people involved. It just looks like a joke here which is cool with people you know and are comfortable with, but say there's a guy in a group who is more creepy and doesn't respect boundaries so much, then yeah I wouldn't see it as a joke.

• The gesture itself suggests inappropriately touching someone while they're incapacitated or unconscious (ie. without consent).

• He’s barely even touching her. If he actually was, this would have surfaced way sooner than now. 🙄

• Al Franken is a piece of shit any way. I hope this ruins him.

• no is joking

• No. It looks like a joke picture.

• That's groping.

• Is he even actually touching her? Looks like he is creating an illusion of touching her. To me it looks like he's trying to be funny... definitely not tactful though. Lol

• Yes it is. Can you answer mines?

• What difference does it make if she had 200 layers of clothing vs nothing?