Liberals would you thank President Trump if he interceded and saved you from doing ten years in prision in a foreign country?

• Yes. God Bless Trump
  • No because #lovestrumpshate
  • Triggered!!! I'd prefer to go to jail
    Vote C
I get the feeling that liberals would have called him racist for not interceding

1233

What Guys Said 33

• Yes. I mean, if it were our foreign secretary, he'd probably have convinced the Chinese to execute them instead of just locking them up - see: Boris Johnson and Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that both Trump and the athletes are complete fucktards.

• I would of course thank him, but do I need to make a Twitter account and make a public spectacle? I would much rather call him or write a letter expressing my gratitude.

The thing about Trump is that he thinks he should be sainted for anything he does, like it's great he got them released, but then he gets to the White House and he goes on Twitter demanding an apology. He just acts like a kid who thinks he should be rewarded for making his bed.
    Any president would have done the same thing. I'm glad he did it, but holy shit he needs to stop sucking his own dick

• This trio was dumb enough to break the law in a communist country. that is known to be hard line. Rather than help them get off. Trump should have made them be responsible for their actions. The only reason he interceded was that one has such a media profile (ie Ball)

And the poser has zero relevance to where you sit on the political spectrum

• If any U. S. President was to get me out of another Country and avoid going to prison in that Country I would thank him beyond words and someway show him a token of appreciation for sure.

In my opinion that character named Lavar Ball is one ungrateful straight piece of shit that is not worth the space he takes up and fuck him!!!

• I'd thank the devil himself for that. Doesn't mean I'd worship him though.

• I would have preferred he let these freaks do their time in a Chinese prison. He could have interceded on behalf of Wendell Brown who apparently did nothing wrong. These freaks went to another country and knowingly broke the law. They should face the maximum punishment in that nation for doing so.

In this situation, what exactly is the "liberal" or "conservative" thing to do?

nypost.com/.../

• But they are teens.

• And?

We have laws in this nation. Foreign nationals are required to obey them. When we go abroad, we must do the same. These freaks will not learn their lesson. They will giggle their way through this incident pretending to be sorry about what they did.

It is disgusting.

• For your update;

I call Trump an idiot for interceding. I would have called Obama the same. And I would have praised both if they let these three rot in a Chinese jail. Intercede on behalf of people who actually need help and who are innocent. I am sure there are Americans in the Chinese justice system who have done nothing wrong.

• I don't like Trump at all. I don't think he should have interceded to help the basketball players in China. I would have said the same thing if Obama was still president. If you commit a crime in a foreign country then you should pay for the crime. Those basketball players knew what they were doing and they knew that they were breaking the law. i don't feel sorry for them one little bit.

• They were just kids

• @Rissyanne Hahahaha that's the funniest thing you have said so far. Trump loves one thing, and one thing only... Trump loves Trump.

• People like you have no idea how much you help Trump. Keep up the good work!

• Yes. God Bless Trump

• Y'know, if he did that for me i'd be like 'Awh, he's kind of a cunt, but I guess I don't need to be the one to notice that aloud right now' & i'd just thank him for doing me such a favor & try to keep my head down about it-so as not to give him the positive press he feeds on.

• The term "liberal," just like "moderate" or "conservative" are all without any sort of substance or real meaning. They're erroneous and people shouldn't use them. They tell you nothing about someone's true ideas/ideals. No vote.

• didn't vote but of course i'd thank him.

but i also don't think he should have let them get out punishment. 10 years is too far but they should've at least had to do some sort public service or something... hold a basketball camp for kids or something

• They are 16, their daddies should give them an ass whopping

• I disagree with you on this one Mad.

I travel internationally all the time. Sure, misunderstandings can happen. There can be a disagreement about something because of cultural relativism.

But what they did was wrong from every viewpoint. They went to China and stole merchandise from a store. So, they need to face the maximum punishment for stealing in that nation. And this sends the absolute wrong message to these "freaks". This is privilege, what "Black" people normally complain that "Whites" have.

Let them rot in a prison cell. They need to learn that lesson.

• the maximum punishment was 10 years. they obviously wouldn't have gotten that but i think letting the system play out and then if the punishment is egregious then the US state dept can step in.

• I'm not a liberal, but I do disagree with a lot of his "positions" as a free market conservative. However, if he were to do what he did to for the UCLA players for me, I would certainly thank him. Will I start supporting him, no, but I would think better of him as a person. I can think well of a person without agreeing with them on politics. That idea seems to be lost in our age of polarization.

• 10 YEARS FOR SHOPLIFTING? What a draconian wetdream

• Welcome to communist China lol

• Not true. Not everything, there are many private companies flourishing. Capitalism is thriving there but not the type of capitalism practiced, let's say as in America.. Strictly alone, if china is truly communist these things shouldn't exist. Not even state capitalism which China is fond of.

• These corporations are owned by members of the communist party

• Me personally? Not really. I mean this is a question if saving me from 10 years in prison redeems his previous and future actions which I dont think it does. There is a saying that "One good deed doesn't redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness" which applies quite beautifully in this case. The fact that Trump seams to think only the most recent thing he ever do has meaning just shows his manipulative personality and character flaw.

• Of course they won't they are so consumed with trump hate with impeach impeach impeach

• If we bill Clinton couldn't get impeached for perjury how do they imagine getting trump who has done wrong impeached?

• They wanna impeach trump because they don't like him and they didn't win

• Of course they would have called him racist if he didn't help them every thing is now racist to them from food to drinks

• lol! all of y'all are such goddamn hypocrites! it's fucking hilarious! :D :D :D :D :D

• Online Imbecile, only someone like you would think something like this is hilarious but in all reality there is nothing funny about it at all...

• Asshole, sorry to inform you that I do not have a Daughter and who you were fucking up the ass was your Mother and Daughter at the same time and everyone on here knows you will fuck anything with 2 or 4 legs even if they were dead.

You go the fuck away and go choke on a log of shit!!!

• @BigRayFromNC holy fuck. I blocked you for 7 hours, unblock you, and you still yapping...

• Yes. God Bless Trump

• Those guys are lucky. China has a 99.2% conviction rate. They were definitely going to jail.

• They went to another country and broke the law. He shouldn't have interested,

• I'm not a liberal or a loony leftist so I can't vote in your poll.

#MAGA

• I'd get on my knees for him if he saved me from ten years of prison lol.

• Most libtards would be ungrateful.

• I'd certainly thank him.
    But when I'm in ANY country, I don't behave in a way that could send me for ten years in prison.
    But I won't need his help.

• You know they wouldn't. They're too busy labeling 150 million of us while SWEARING they're "not like that!" They need to fall off a cliff without a parachute. A cliff in the Andes preferably.

• at the moment he is trying to get a brit extradited to the states. although the kid committed his internet hacking here in the uk so should be tried here with a max sentance of 18months, trump wants him in your courts where he faces 99years. he is a young stupid middle class liberal elite kid who made a mistake, not a twat with an automatic machine gun. #laurilove

• Dumb question. Liking someone for their job is different than liking someone as a person. I can respect my supervisors, but that doesn't mean I will hangout with them

• Let me help you with the options you should've wrote down: Option 1: Yes; Option 2: No.

Yes, I would thank him, as I believe the UCLA students did. Lavar Ball is a nut-case, and it speaks to Trump's own intelligence level and sanity that he feels the need to engage with him. A man's worth is determined by his enemies.

• A raccoon dosnt change its stripes. Id think he'll do it just for publicity. with trump there has to be something to gain for him to "help" and dumpsters will hail him like a god or it

• A) I'm a moderate but hate all things Trump
    B) I don't visit totalitarian countries.
    C) If break the law in the country I am in, I deserve the consequences.

I wouldn't thank him and he should have left them there.

• If it was me, sure.
    But in all honesty people are allowed to openly say whatever they want... it's part of our constitution and you are a fool to think otherwise.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 12

• I'd be thankful to anyone who saved me, doesn't mean I agree with the guy.

• You know these liberals on here who said that he shouldn't have intervened are just talking out of their ass. If he had not intervened... they would have crucified him for that. He could find the cure for cancer and would still bash him. Pathetic.

• Sure. If someone does something nice for you, it's good to thank them. You can thank someone without liking them or making a big deal out of it

• I would thank him for (in a rare happenstance) doing his job as any leader would do for their citizens.

Is Trumps behaviour so poor that we have to fall at his feet for doing something he is supposed to do?

• I'm not a trump lover, but he should have let them stay in jail. Sports players beat women and always break the law with zero consequences simply because they play sports. They should have been made an example out of. Only an idiot would break the law in China and think they can get away with it bc they play sports. No one outside of america gaf if you play sports or not. You are not above the law.

• These are kids not nfl players

• The type of character that would steal in the first place, should not be saved. I would have let them do the time, I believe in consequences for actions. So I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place. Even of they were my sons I would let them go right to jail regardless of if the president begged for them. It shows his character to condone such behavior. Even if he had bargained for their time to be lessened, they should not have been let free. I teach my children that their actions have consequences. And before anyone says I'm racist... I'm of African descent, or what Americans call "black".

• The sentence was ten years for what is essentially a misdemenour and they are minors

• Just cause he saved me from prison don't mean i have to like him as president.

• All the people who didn't like obama would probably kiss his ass for getting out them out of jail.

• NO!
    A president shouldn't "EXPECT" a thank you. the same way Obama did a lot of things for you but you never said thank you to him...

• One huge difference Obama did nothing for me personally if he did I would absolutely thank him him. It doesnโ€™t surprise me that you would act so ungrateful on behalf of someone else, But again you were only a child so I should not criticize you for being what do you are you simply canโ€™t help it

• I'm not a liberal.

• good, please stay that way when you get in college.

• no kidding. But you know I was actually on the fence on politically when I entered college... but the snowflake gestapo pushed me in other direction. I'm not the only one either.

• Iโ€™m not conservative.

• I would thank anyone who kept me from going to jail. It dosen't mean I agree with everything that they say or do.

• The 4th Amendment rights do not apply when you're not on US soil, and we detain many foreigners in US facilities

• Thank him for what? I didn't steal anything that was them their parents should as well as them thank him but not me... made no difference in my life if they went to jail or not

• What if you were innocent?

• I would say it no matter how I have to do it. Putting credit where it's deserved is what's more important , not my ego...

• @Djaaay sure