Liberals would you thank President Trump if he interceded and saved you from doing ten years in prision in a foreign country?

• Yes. God Bless Trump
  • No because #lovestrumpshate
  • Triggered!!! I'd prefer to go to jail
    Vote C
I get the feeling that liberals would have called him racist for not interceding

1233

Most Helpful Guy

• didn't vote but of course i'd thank him.

but i also don't think he should have let them get out punishment. 10 years is too far but they should've at least had to do some sort public service or something... hold a basketball camp for kids or something

• They are 16, their daddies should give them an ass whopping

• I disagree with you on this one Mad.

I travel internationally all the time. Sure, misunderstandings can happen. There can be a disagreement about something because of cultural relativism.

But what they did was wrong from every viewpoint. They went to China and stole merchandise from a store. So, they need to face the maximum punishment for stealing in that nation. And this sends the absolute wrong message to these "freaks". This is privilege, what "Black" people normally complain that "Whites" have.

Let them rot in a prison cell. They need to learn that lesson.

• the maximum punishment was 10 years. they obviously wouldn't have gotten that but i think letting the system play out and then if the punishment is egregious then the US state dept can step in.

Most Helpful Girl

• The type of character that would steal in the first place, should not be saved. I would have let them do the time, I believe in consequences for actions. So I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place. Even of they were my sons I would let them go right to jail regardless of if the president begged for them. It shows his character to condone such behavior. Even if he had bargained for their time to be lessened, they should not have been let free. I teach my children that their actions have consequences. And before anyone says I'm racist... I'm of African descent, or what Americans call "black".

• The sentence was ten years for what is essentially a misdemenour and they are minors