How would you react if you were sound asleep and this happened?

This is the incredible moment the night sky was lit up by a fireball from a falling meteor over Finnish Lapland. Footage shows a bright light in the sky over Inari in Finland - but the flash was so intense it was also seen in Russia's Kola Peninsula and in northern Norway. Stargazers reported seeing the sky 'light up like day' for a few seconds as the space rock plummeted towards Earth on November 16.

Eyewitness Atle Staalesen saw the flash of light just north of Inari in Finland on Thursday evening, according to the Barents Observer. He said: 'The lights came from all around us, like a massive explosion that lasted for some five, six seconds. Morten Bilet from the Norwegian Meteor Network said he suspected the sighting was the result of a meteorite. He told VG: 'There’s no doubt it is a large stone – a meteorite heading towards the mountain. 'They shine so brightly that they are called fireballs, and it explodes several times on its way down.'

Basically you're sound asleep when you hear a loud BOOM, your house starts shaking and then a blinding light turns night into day. I would have thought it was all over at that point. What about you?

Most Helpful Girl

• My first thought would be oh shit, what the fuck, then as I'm running around crazily rushing to the door to try to get out of dodge, I might recognize its ok, it's not a plane crashing on me. The sky is falling.
    Then, I'm going back to bed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think it's a UFO and run outside to greet the aliens. Maybe we can be friends. They might take me to their place.

What Girls Said 3

• I would instantly worry about the peace, and love of everyone around me. Whether i know them or not. Unless they are scum.

• yawn and go toliet

• Would go right back to sleep

What Guys Said 3

• I slept through an earthquake in Turkey. (It woke my wife up, not me)
    I slept through a police control in our hotel room in Naples, at 5 AM. My wife handled it

• Tell the meteor to shut off the lights and can it before I give it a clobbering it will never forget.

• Well, I guess I would continue to sleep soundly.