What non-typical foods does your family eat at Thanksgiving?

We all know about the turkey, stuffing/dressing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc.

But... each family has their own dishes that they traditionally make, that are not "typical Thanksgiving food".

---

For example, my family has a broccoli-cheese casserole, as well as a beef roast as a secondary meat.
----

What are those not-typical-Thanksgiving foods that your family eats during this holiday?

What non-typical foods does your family eat at Thanksgiving?

1|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• We always make pasta and meatballs! None of the kids ever like turkey growing up, then the tradition sort of just stuck

1|1
    0|0
  • Apparently Mac n cheese. I started noticing that’s more of a black family tradition than a white one and I didn’t know that until I became a teacher in a white district. Makes no sense, either, because I went to a white high school but apparently they all have regular mashed potatoes, which is just strange to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • chips/crackers and probably like 10 different kids of dips. plus I put out cheese, fruit and veggie trays so i don't have to feed the kids all day while I cook. I just let them graze lol

1|0
    1|0
  • We don't celebrate Thanksgiving where we live so we just have whatever we want on that day. It's tomorrow so I have no idea what we are having. Possibly pie and chips, or spicy chicken and chips, or pasta bake.

0|0
    0|0
  • We always have a little tray on the counter with pickles, green olives, and black olives. Tbh my favorite part of Thanksgiving 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Kentucky fried chicken

1|0
    0|1
  • For some weird reason my husband's family has slaw, potato salad and greens every year and chicken n dumplins- which I love but I can do without the slaw and potato salad.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fish meat balls.

1|1
    0|0
  • My Aunt makes me pot roast because I hate turkey and we also have rutabaga and brussell sprouts

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably chitlins. We have them every other year

3|0
    0|1
    • We have them for Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas lol

• Show All
    • Yaaaaas, Frank’s red hot on some chitlins? 🙌🙌🙌

• @EllieAyye I use Texas pete usually but as long as I have it on some rice with some hotsauce, I’ll be happy as hell!

• My mom is making steaks this year.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once I didn't feel like making the feast, so I made chicken enchiladas 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • First of all broccoli cheese casserole is a Thanksgiving food.

1|0
    0|0
    • It is for u and i, but isn't usually thought about in a typical Thanksgiving dinner slate 😂

• praline yams

1|0
    0|0
  • We have a normal Thanksgiving dinner, but we sometimes make crab cakes too. (I’m from Maryland😂)

1|0
    0|1
  • We don't celebrate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tamales.. 😐

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I make a fruit salad with cherry pie filling, bananas, orange slices, and pineapple chunks.

A lot of my immediate family likes it. “Outsiders” never eat it. Brother in law, friends, etc.

I make it for parties, and no one ever eats it. They avoid it like the plague. I have no idea why.

oh well, more for me!

1|0
    0|0
  • Turkey and mashed potatoes with turkey gravy are the only foods that concern me at Thanksgiving. Everything else is incidental.

1|0
    0|0
  • Chinese fried rice

1|1
    0|0
  • We add Green Chili on mashed potatoes in my house

1|1
    0|0
Loading... ;