Students at my school want to participate in a walk out. Should I do it?

Anonymous
In a few weeks from now, my school wants to participate in the nationwide walkout that's happening on march 14. In response to the school shooting in Florida, they are calling for more laws that restrict gun rights among citizens. The problem is that I don't feel comfortable doing the walk out with them. Now since I'm supportive of the second amendment right, I don't wanna protest about something that goes against personal belief. Also, if I do attend the walk out, there is a chance that I may receive punishments at my school. The biggest problem about this whole thing is that at the time the protest is gonna start, it's during the class that a bunch of liberals are in. I would probably be the only one that would be staying in class, which would honestly just feel awkward. Also, I don't wanna get ridiculed by classmates the next day for not participating. So due to all this stuff, I just don't know what to do. There's also a chance that I just don't even go to school on that day. What do you guys think I should do?
6
9