Starbucks ordered to put cancer warning on coffee, thoughts?

scarlett
In California, a judge has ruled that Starbucks (along with some other coffee companies) must put a cancer warning on their coffee. "Starbucks lost the first phase of the trial in which it failed to show the level of acrylamide in coffee was below that which would pose a significant risk of cancer." Article here.

This is the first time I've seen any mention of "cancer causing chemicals" being present in coffee. I have no idea if it's true or not, I haven't found any sources which make that claim yet (if you know of any, feel free to share). Do you think Starbucks and other coffee companies should be required to put this warning label on their coffee? Especially if the evidence for it is debated in the scientific community because other studies have said that coffee reduces your risk of cancer... what do you think?
35
14