A kangaroo has died at a Chinese zoo today after being injured by tourists throwing rocks at it. What are your thoughts on this?

A 12 year old female kangaroo died of its injuries today at a Chinese zoo because adult tourists threw rocks at it in attempt to make it hop.

I’m saddened and angered by this. I think zoos should increase their security so they can catch people doing these things. In the article I read, they said the staff saw the visitors do this but the visitors denied it.

Do you think zoos need more security to prevent more incidents like this happening again?
Edit: the article also said a second kangaroo was injured after visitors threw a brick at it. That one survived. And after the rocks in the area were gone, the visitors went elsewhere to find rocks to throw. Like wtf? People suck!

3366

Most Helpful Guys

• Wow!!! Thats human nature for you. I wonder what would happen if I threw rocks at kid to make play? Animals are however not as important as humans. But that does not mean we can or should be cruel to animals. They should be treated with dignity and respect. I believe humans are given charge to protect them and they should do so in the best way possible. I do have confession, as a kid I threw rocks at my dog. I was scared of him. I don't remember why I did though. I think I was trying to play with him or get him to move. I don't remember it being like bad, just little rocks and pepples, it was a gravel driveway. I really miss that dog and I was too young to know what I had. I always thought he was chasing me to bite me but my dad said he would have only licked you to death. Oh... Regrets...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • But you were a child. I played too rough with my rabbit when I was like 3. It didn’t make it. But these people were adults!

• Yeah, that's sad... Hopefully this will cause China to become more involved in cases like this. I hope the zoo, not just the guests, get charges for cruelty to animals and hopefully have to address this and make changes so it at least is less likely to happen again

• Thanks for the MHG!!! Hopefully this incident has changed some part of their policy

• The Chinese don't give a fuck about animals the way we do in the West. I was gonna post some pics as examples but they'd be too shocking to many people, but you probably have to see it to believe it - for example it's common for them to boil dogs alive to eat.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Someone already linked me an article about them selling live turtles and other marine creatures in key chains. That was enough for me.

• Yeah I've seen things like that too, but the boiling dogs alive is something else, it makes me rage. I'm not some vegan hippie, I don't mind hunting and eating meat but I don't know how they can pretty much torture the animal to death slowly rather than kill it instantly and not feel any guilt.

• Jesus I'm not even religious but that sounds like some devil shit.

Most Helpful Girls

• Thoroughly disgusted, but not surprised. The Chinese are some of the biggest animal abusers in the world.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes. My mom is a cat lover and she said she would never go to China because they eat cats there.

• The Chinese also have really lax and narrow guidelines for the proper care and treatment of animals. Very few species are even protected under their laws. I found this out when I learned about these horrific keepsakes: www.snopes.com/fact-check/chinese-turtle-keyrings/

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh yeah! I saw a video about those live animal keychains. I also a undercover video of China’s cat and dog meat industry. They were treated badly.