Thoughts on British army trainer making female soldier cry?

• Fire him!!
    Vote A
  • This is what equality looks like.
    Vote B
  • Women should get special treatment in the army.
    Vote C
  • Triggered!!! How dare he talk to any woman like that
    Vote D
  • Other
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask people in the French Foreign Legion if they didn't cry a lot. Army isn't for the faint of heart. If you can't take word without crying, how will you take seeing your comrades die, or be wounded, or be in a warzone where civilians are killed, even kids?
    Yes, training is hard, you'll spit your heart and guts, and if it's too hard for you, then it's not made for you.
    And just because she's a woman, the instructor should go easy on her? She's a soldier, as any guy around her, there is no reason to be softer on her than on them. Follow the orders, follow the group, if you can't, you're out.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I don't know, is that actually real? Why were they just one on one in a river? Aren't there usually more people getting trained at the same time? But either way, an army trainer doesn't care what gender the soldier is, they will say the same thing to both. So, yes this is equality.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with this at all. It's supposed to break you and then build you back up. It's what every professional army in the world does in their training.

3|5
    0|0
  • More recently they have these adverts where they're trying to be inclusive by talking about all of this weak shit. There's one where a guy talks about how unfit he is and that he couldn't even do a pull up when he first started, but now he can do 1 - so if you're unfit you shouldn't feel like you can't join. Then there's another where a guy is talking about how he didn't think people would take his feelings seriously but how when he joined his friends would make him laugh and give him a hug when he feels upset. It's no wonder they get pansies like this joining.

1|3
    0|0
    • Yes kill ISIS with kindness

• Lol looks like she walked the entire time and then started happy crying because she made it, funny as fuck.

The corporal didn't make her cry, this is clickbait

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks like standard MO, to be honest. That's what army training is like. You're not a person, not an individual, you're a unit, and you're expected to perform to a standard. They break you down to build you back stronger. It's how it works. Surprised she's allowed a tongue piercing though, I'm assuming this isn't far into her training.

2|0
    0|0
  • Is that what you want, feminists? Feeling bad for those innocent women who isn't a part of the feminism shenanigans getting recruited.

3|4
    0|0
  • He was doing his literal fucking job. Its the military, if she can't handle him egging her on to be more aggressive how the fuck is she going to handle being shot at? Or having her position mortared, or anything else for that matter? This is a serious job, if you don't have the guts to do it, the tenacity and the aggression, your dead, literally, and so will your entire unit. This is complete insanity to punish this trainer for trying to prepare a soldier for the job they are trying to acquire, a job where lives are literally depending on you both in your unit and potentially an entire city or country even. Honestly if this man gets fired then the UK is entirely screwed because their military will be run by the weak, their soldiers will be weak and it won't be able to function as an actual protective force. This is absurd.

2|3
    0|0
  • Toughen up, princess.
    Women should not be in the army to begin with.
    For anything other than rear echelon support roles, women are a complete liability.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's training for an army... it's standard practice to treat any of the recruits like that. Besides, she isn't just crying because of him... she's crying because of everything that she has had to go through to get to that point, plus the extreme cold of the water (notice the colour of her hands). She's crying out of relief that she's near the end (maybe, maybe not). Pushing your body past the breaking point and then pushing it even more... it's exhilarating and debilitating at the same time.

1|0
    0|0
  • My thoughts are that this girl shouldn't be in the army. If little training makes her cry imagine what will happen when she sees a close friend get shot next to her. Most likely a pannic attack thanks to which she gets shot as well. Interrogating her also won't be much of a challenge. What is she even doing here?

1|0
    0|0
  • This is part of the process. In training, they break you down and build you up again. If you want women to survive in combat then this is 100% necessary.

2|1
    0|0
  • Being ordered around is part of being in the military. This is completely normal.

The Drill Sargent is doing his job. His job is to order them to complete unless they're literally seriously hurt.

1|1
    0|0
  • She's in the training of ARMY, not in High school, so its totally ok

2|4
    0|0
  • Army trainer shouts a lot.
    Woman cries under pressure (but completes her task).
    Should we take anything else away from this?

2|2
    0|0
  • you sign up for the military this is what happens. don't feel bad for her at all.

2|4
    0|0
  • It's fine. Don't see why anyone should get special treatment

1|1
    0|0
  • if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen

1|1
    0|0
  • Women should get special treatment in the army. How dare he talk to any woman like that

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t they break even some men to tears?

4|4
    0|0
    • I'm sure they do. I bet men who break into tears are much less likely to make it though.

• Isn't that they're job, though?

3|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• That drill sergeant is literally doing his job.
    They military breaks you down to your lowest point in training only to build you back up stronger.
    Not his fault if she can't handle it.
    He did nothing wrong.

5|3
    0|0
  • this is called "military trainning"

She need to become stronger, physically AND psychologically if she want to be able to do her duty.

the instructor would have done the same things with a men.

seriously...

3|4
    0|0
  • What you expect.. she's in training. Their not gonna be easy on you.. my brother was in the army, they get in your face and buckle down hard on you. Its to toughen you up and get you ready for real crap that might occur.

1|0
    0|0
    • But should the instructor get fired?

• um... no? Thats his job.

• That's why you don't join the army if you can't handle it.. which is why I didn't, I know i can't handle that kind of stuff. Just getting pissed off makes me tear up.

• thats what the army is meant to be, you shouldn't sign up if you're a pussy and you cry easily. You're trained to be the predator not the prey. if she was in our Russian army they would make her mop the floors and wash the dishes with her tears :D

1|1
    0|0
  • Welcome to equality feminists, if you want to be treated like a man then so be it. Just get ready to live a life where no ones gonna give a fuck about your emotions. You have to work for everything it's not gonna be handed to you.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm fine with it. That's literally his job and it doesn't matter whether the trainee/recruit is male or female.

1|0
    0|0
  • she is not a killer

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes