Is it ok to harass someone eating dinner at a restaurant because you disagree with their politics?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/20/us/kirstjen-nielsen-protesters-restaurant.html

Kirstjen Nielsen, the secretary of homeland security, got an earful while she was eating dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Washington on Tuesday night.

With tensions continuing to escalate over the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy that separates children from their families after illegal crossings at the border, a group of protesters confronted her.

“If kids don’t eat in peace, you don’t eat in peace,” the protesters shouted...

• That is ok, i would do that if i didn't like them
  • That is not ok. that is petty af
  • I think its funny
    Vote C
  • I'd kick the protesters asses
    Vote D
Point is there’s a time and a place to protest and while they are eating dinner is not it
Since people are getting upset about this, let me rephrase my question:

Is it ok or acceptable to go into a private restaurant to harass a public official for the policies they implement?

3387

Most Helpful Guy

• Even though I'm appalled by separating children from their parents. I'm equally appalled that other people would think they are in the right by yelling in a public restaurant.

• I find that very reasonable!

• @Izumiblu Try to do a little mroe research. most democrats were furious with this at the time. the link is from a Conservative newspaper. Do a better job.

• @Jonny317 All you have to do I watch the video. All you have to do is recognize that most democrats don't recognize this occurred under the Obama administration. Even right now, they deflect and deny. Try to deal in fact and not conflate things to be equal, because they aren't.