Was John McCain (aka Songbird) a traitor to the United States?

• Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C
During the Vietnam War his father John Sidney "Jack" McCain Jr (was Commander-in-Chief, Pacific Command (CINCPAC), commander of all U. S. forces in the Vietnam theater from 1968 to 1972. He was a stalwart supporter of President Richard Nixon's policy of Vietnamization. McCain played a significant role in the militarization of U. S. policy towards Cambodia, helping to convince Nixon to launch the 1970 Cambodian Incursion and establishing a personal relationship with Cambodian leader Lon Nol.

636

Most Helpful Girl

• A pretty provocative statement. And a bad attempt at trying to take the spotlight off of the failings of the mobster president.

• The poster's VERY FIRST STATEMENT IS A LIE.

Google it.

Once I knew that, I didn't bother reading the rest of his shit.

• @markscott yet other pows who did not have admiral fathers were prosecuted.
      dubious
      adjective
      1.
      hesitating or doubting.
      "I was rather dubious about the whole idea"
      synonyms: doubtful, uncertain, unsure, in doubt, hesitant; More
      2.
      not to be relied upon; suspect.
      "extremely dubious assumptions"
      synonyms: suspicious, suspect, under suspicion, untrustworthy, unreliable, undependable, questionable; informalshady, fishy, funny, not kosher; informaldodgy
      "a dubious businessman"
      equivocal, ambiguous, indeterminate, indefinite, unclear, vague, imprecise, hazy, puzzling, enigmatic, cryptic;
      open to question, debatable, questionable
      "she gave him a dubious reply"

• White: I flat out don't believe you, if you are saying other American aviators, from North Vietnam prisons, were prosecuted by Americans. I find no indication any were prosecuted, and I don't recall ever hearing of such. As I said, I don't believe you. So please, so we can all know, please give the specific names of the American Naval Aviators who were POWs in North Vietnam, and who were also prosecuted for breaking under torture. I don't believe you can name even one, as I don't believe it happened. It's just garbage, spread by Trump followers, to lie about McCain, to make Trump look good. Again, please give specific names of those supposedly prosecuted. They must be as McCain, naval aviators, and prisoners in North Vietnam, and prosecuted by Americans, for breaking under torture.

Most Helpful Guys

• Your VERY FIRST STATEMENT IS A LIE

Once I knew that, I didn't bother reading the rest of your shit.

• Was John McCain (aka Songbird) a traitor to the United States?

• "FACT: lf not for a pardon from
      President Richard Nixon, John
      McCain would have been court
      martialed for treason"

LIE!

• 7d

Yeah, that's who supports John McCain. People who don't read.

• Let's be honest, everyone has a breaking point when it comes to torture, and, athough there were a handful of men who served in Vietnam that may not have been broken by their torturers (e. g., Jeremiah Denton), I can't fault those who did as long as they tried to resist as much as they reasonably could. Nevertheless, it's fair to question whether he could have provided less-than-accurate information to his captors (probably not).

• I would not call him a traitor to the US. Much more questionable was him not pushing for a proper investigation as to whether POWs were left behind in Vietnam and killed. When the war against France ended in 1954, the Vietnamese kept POWs as hostages so the French would pay money to get them released. Presumably they did the same with captured US servicemembers.

• They deserve to suffer for what they did.

• At least you're honest about your (selective) motivation.