What are your thoughts on Nike sponsoring Colin Kaepernick?

JustMyTake
I never understood the huge controversy over Kaepernick kneeling for the national anthem. Kaepernick has a right to kneel, the NFL is allowed to penalize him for doing so. He gave some money to charity and he did seem passionate about the issue he was protesting, so I didn't have a problem with him for the most part

Now, however, he's partnered with Nike to stand up for human rights. Nike is one of the worst companies in terms of human rights' violations. Jonah Peretti, CEO of Buzzfeed, actually made a name for himself via a stunt which involved him asking Nike to print "sweatshop" on a pair of custom made sneakers. Nike has frequently been accused of entirely immoral and unethical manufacturing practices and contracting with factories that do not protect their workers. Say what you will about Apple, but they were never accused of child labor.

This most recent move does make me question his motives. What about you guys? How do you guys feel about it?
11
40