Is it too soon for Louis CK to come back?

pervertedjester
Louis C. K.’s latest performance at the Comedy Cellar in New York City was certainly no secret, as a crowd of protestors gathered outside the Greenwich Village club on Monday night.

Many held signs supporting the #MeToo movement and the five women who have accused the disgraced comedian of sexual misconduct. “Does this sign make you uncomfortable, Louie?” read one sign, while another said: “When you support Louis C. K., you tell women your laughter is more important than their sexual assaults and loss of their careers.”

“Frankly, I was furious,” one protestor told the New York Times from outside the club. New York Times culture writer Sopan Deb, who attended the stand-up show, tweeted afterward, “Louis started his set with ‘How was your year?'”

C. K. also told the audience he was there because he needed the money after losing $35 million in one day. “They tell you that when you get in trouble you find out who your real friends are. It’s black people, it turns out. They’ll stick by you,” he added, according to the Times.

Last November, C. K. was accused of sexual misconduct by five women. Among the accusers in the New York Times article were comedy duo Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, who according to the Times were invited by the comedian to his hotel room after their show at the U. S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado, in 2002. According to the report, when they arrived at his room, C. K. asked Goodman and Wolov if he could take out his penis.

C. K. released a statement shortly after the story was published saying, “these stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was OK because I never showed a woman my d— without asking first, which is also true.” Shortly after the accusations came to light, The Orchard canceled the release of “I Love You, Daddy,” the film that C. K. directed, wrote and starred in. HBO and Netflix also cut ties with him.

Source: The Wrap
Yes, it's way too soon and sets a bad example.
Kind of.
No, He should be allowed to perform his stand up. (If he can find an audience.)
Vote C
GirlGuy
1 y
To those that are wondering what Louis Ck was originally called out for, follow this link: www.usatoday.com/.../
6
29