What is up with Geraldo Rivera?

RolandCuthbert
Its like this immigrant issue has set him off. I get it. He has some Puerto Rican heritage. But FoxNews had been demonizing different groups for a long, long time. And he has kept silent. Why do people only get concerned about racism when it is directed at groups they care about?

What is up with Geraldo Rivera?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/geraldo-rivera-gives-fox-news-reality-check-on-migrants-these-are-not-invaders

This is what he says in the video;

"I refuse to deal with this as a media issue, because it's far too important, with all due respect, Jesse. This is something that goes to the very quick. This goes to my soul. Fulfilling my role as the designated pinata on Fox News, I am ashamed. This tear gas choked me. We treat these people, these economic refugees as if they're zombies from The Walking Dead. I think—we arrested 42 people, eight of them were women. With children. We have to deal with this problem humanely and with compassion. These are not "invaders!" Stop using these military analogies. This is absolutely painful to watch. This is—we are a nation of immigrants. These are desperate people, they walked 2000 miles—why? Because they want to rape your daughter or steal your lunch? No! Because they want a job. They want to fill the millions of unfilled jobs we have in the agricultural sector. They want to wash dishes in restaurants, they want to deliver the pizzas. For goodness´ sake, we suspend our humanity when it comes to this issue and I fear that it is because they look different than we do."

I cracked up when he called himself a pinata and the host called him a racist. That was hilarious. I can empathize with folks wanting to apply for asylum. Since the beginning I have said take their claim, check its validity and send them back if they don't qualify.

Where the hell has he been?
What is up with Geraldo Rivera?
2
11