What's your opinion of lab testing on animals?

Personally, I think it's okay. I would much rather a pig or rat suffer than an one month old baby. I know the point of we could just not test on them at all will come up but I think it's always going to be something that happens, even with companies who say they don't. You can't just mix stuff together and sell it without making sure it's safe.
  • It's okay
    Vote A
  • I'm not sure
    Vote B
  • It's not okay
    Vote C
  • Other/undecided
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Why does everyone think I'm talking about makeup? I'm referring to shampoo and medicine and that stuff. You can't sit over there with your 5 pounds of makeup on and get mad at me for thinking animal testing is okay for medicine and those purposes but blame it on makeup.
And using human cells and those things would be fantastic and all but not everyone has thousands upon thousands to throw away just to test a single product. Not every company is huge, some are small family companies and that would drive them out of business.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Eat your own dog food. That saying means you know what you made and can take steps to test it safely on yourself. Once you made it that far you still need other willing people for proper test results. Make up on rabbits are a infamous example. Rabbits don't have tear ducts so they can see the worst case scenario the product can cause an eyeball. That study doesn't matter, we have tears and access to emergency room doctors.

Have you seen any survivor show? Guy comes across a plant he has never seen before. First rubbing on his forearm wait 5 minutes see if there is a rash. If so don't eat it. Then rub it on your gums and tongue and wait 5 minutes. If any numbness happens don't eat it. They do that in the middle of nowhere and no help to figure stuff out. Can you not figure things out in a clean lab with emergency plans?

I honestly think most scientist put there heart and soul into everything they love and wanting to discover what they can. The animal testing doesn't come from that. It's from people in suits not lab coats. Putting animals in danger for no real results or meaning just makes the suits happier and put more money into it.

Just take smaller steps from paid willing people that have faith from the person who also been through it and is hopeful and prepared for the risks. The suits skip this part and find themself in a class action lawsuit like every other commercial break has from a drug commercial you saw 6 mouths ago at the same pase.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's kinda messed up and pointless. Our physiology isn't the same so testing on animals doesn't really mean it will work on people.. Which we find out after years of animal testing when it finally moves to human trials.

3|0
    0|0
    • Your human cells driving companies out of business isn't true. Every company has to test on human cells after animal testing and before human trials, it's how our testing procedure works.

They would just have to do it more if the were skipping the animal tests, and yes human cells cost way more than mice.

Most Helpful Girls

• Its not even safe since animal skin reacts differently compared to human skin. At least for the cosmetic industry. Artificial human skin gives more accurate predictions on how a products can work on humans.
    So yes, I think it should be banned. At least regarding cosmetic products testing.

2|0
    0|0
  • We could use the criminals on death row as test subjects? I believe in eating a healthy diet, natural medicines and using nature safe products. My mum has breast cancer and I love my mum, but we don’t need to test medicine on animals. Ovarian cancer also runs in my family, I’m 23 and have already seen signs of it. The healthier I eat and treat my body the symptoms go away... I love my life but I would never put my life before others in such an exploitive way. I am still excited about life it doesn’t feel short, I’m still living life to the fullest and I’m satisfied with my life and purpose. I am also a minimalist so I don’t care for advancements in technology. I am biased ofc.

0|0
    0|0
    • Some people are put in death row even when they're innocent because they were drawing conclusions in court and wanted someone put away. Imagine if you and another person were on the same train and the other person stabbed someone to death and you were the one who got blamed. Would you want to be injected with stuff then?

• Well I wouldn’t want to die either, but getting injected instead animals would be an honorable way to go. Also, there’s a 1% chance of being wrongly convicted.
      Oh, you’re 16.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• We can stop animal testing as soon as PETA members volunteer for medical research. Step up PETA show that you're good party comrades and save those animals.

0|0
    0|0
  • The alternative is to go straight to human testing, or to not test it at all and sending it straight to markets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who thinks animals shouldn't be used for testing should Google what the Germans and Japanese did with human experimentation during WWII. Truly horrifying.

0|0
    0|0
    • doesn't mean you should use innocent animals.

• Show All
    • It was a joke you moron. The only one making an ass of themselves here is you. Move to California with all the other tree huggers.

• 😂😂😂

• It needs to be minimized, especially in regards to suffering. That being said it is necessary until tech develops to a point its unnecessary

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a serious ethical dilemma. You may have a breakthrough molecule for the treatment of cancer, but it gets tested on animals first to do toxicology, and general bio chemistry studies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some limited animal testing is necessary. Unless you do like the Nazis and test on the "lesser" ethnic groups.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have mixed feelings , i can see a pig, monkey, rat but not a dog or cat.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as you don't mind if aliens enslave you and experiment on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather do lab testing on Republicans.

4|0
    1|0
    • 7d

That is funny as fuck looking at you abc3643 and an anonymous post. That is really the thing that makes both of you having mute options. People of power drawing a line for there enemy's to be tested on. Both cases are not going to give reliable testimony on the effects. So it's the same as animals as you already look at them.

• All testing is wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it so obviously I'm OK with...

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s ok, products gotta be tested somewhere!

0|0
    3|0
  • It bothers me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why tf are people talking about makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • What are the other options?

0|0
    0|0
  • l dont know

0|0
    0|0
  • We should use 100% proven guilty pedo’s/ rapist/ and murderers.

5|0
    0|0
    • 7d

That is funny as fuck looking at you anonymous right next to abc3643. That is really the thing that makes both of you having mute options. People of power drawing a line for there enemy's to be tested on. Both cases are not going to give reliable testimony on the effects. So it's the same as animals as you already look at them.

• 7d

Being anon doesn’t invalidate an opinion you tard.

What Girls Said 15

• Oh of course, it’s alright.
    I mean what could be wrong about making small animals that are completely helpless suffer so you and bunch of thots can wear make up on your ugly face to fix it?

Same goes with other testing as well.
    Kisses.

2|1
    1|0
    • I didn't say anything about makeup, obviously when I stated the part about the baby I was referring to baby shampoo and other products like that. But if you want to get offended and call me a thot when I don't even wear makeup then go ahead. You obviously have some issues with your anger and there's help for people with those problems.
      Kisses!

• omg i agree so much! (without the sarcasm. i can never do it well xd)

• I totally disagree companies can avoid the use of animals on testing. They can use ingredients that were use before.
    Also tecnology can replace the use of animals on testing products like the use of human tissue on biochemistry.

2|0
    0|0
  • Without proper testing you end up with things like thalidomide. It's a necessary step that shouldn't ever be over looked.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well there really isn't any other alternative as of now, unless you want to test on humans, but that would be wrong on many ethical and legal reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I heard for some stuff it was needed so I'm pretty neutral about it. Better avoid it if it aren't needed but if it's needed it's ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • Test on paedophiles, sex offenders and murderers instead.

0|0
    0|0
  • rats are one thing but dogs and monkees I'm against

0|0
    0|0
  • NO ITS NOT OKAY.
    No lives should have to suffer for your face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not okay... i did a paper on this yesterday and tbh it makes zero sense to use animals for human medication. Why not use human cells? Or something that is actually accurate. Humans and animals are not the same genetically speaking and regardless of it it is tested on an animal and considered safe, its still going to be tested on the first couple of humans who try it out anyways. And its eitheg going to be a hit or miss... with all this crazy technology out, im sure there are plenty alternatives rather than torturing an animal...

0|0
    0|0
  • Its never EVER okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s good

0|0
    0|0
  • Lab testing needs to be done on Evil Humans.

0|0
    0|0
  • Awful and it has to end

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it should only be used when there are no other options. I'm vegan and completely against animal abuse, but I also recognize that it's completely natural and okay to prioritize our own species over others. I have a medicine that I need that contains gelatin. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about, but I take it because I don't have another option.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay, at the same time, it's not.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes