What's your opinion of lab testing on animals?

Personally, I think it's okay. I would much rather a pig or rat suffer than an one month old baby. I know the point of we could just not test on them at all will come up but I think it's always going to be something that happens, even with companies who say they don't. You can't just mix stuff together and sell it without making sure it's safe.
  • It's okay
  • I'm not sure
  • It's not okay
    Vote C
  • Other/undecided
    Vote D
Why does everyone think I'm talking about makeup? I'm referring to shampoo and medicine and that stuff. You can't sit over there with your 5 pounds of makeup on and get mad at me for thinking animal testing is okay for medicine and those purposes but blame it on makeup.
And using human cells and those things would be fantastic and all but not everyone has thousands upon thousands to throw away just to test a single product. Not every company is huge, some are small family companies and that would drive them out of business.

1719

Most Helpful Guys

• Eat your own dog food. That saying means you know what you made and can take steps to test it safely on yourself. Once you made it that far you still need other willing people for proper test results. Make up on rabbits are a infamous example. Rabbits don't have tear ducts so they can see the worst case scenario the product can cause an eyeball. That study doesn't matter, we have tears and access to emergency room doctors.

Have you seen any survivor show? Guy comes across a plant he has never seen before. First rubbing on his forearm wait 5 minutes see if there is a rash. If so don't eat it. Then rub it on your gums and tongue and wait 5 minutes. If any numbness happens don't eat it. They do that in the middle of nowhere and no help to figure stuff out. Can you not figure things out in a clean lab with emergency plans?

I honestly think most scientist put there heart and soul into everything they love and wanting to discover what they can. The animal testing doesn't come from that. It's from people in suits not lab coats. Putting animals in danger for no real results or meaning just makes the suits happier and put more money into it.

Just take smaller steps from paid willing people that have faith from the person who also been through it and is hopeful and prepared for the risks. The suits skip this part and find themself in a class action lawsuit like every other commercial break has from a drug commercial you saw 6 mouths ago at the same pase.

• I think it's kinda messed up and pointless. Our physiology isn't the same so testing on animals doesn't really mean it will work on people.. Which we find out after years of animal testing when it finally moves to human trials.

• Your human cells driving companies out of business isn't true. Every company has to test on human cells after animal testing and before human trials, it's how our testing procedure works.

They would just have to do it more if the were skipping the animal tests, and yes human cells cost way more than mice.

Most Helpful Girls

• Its not even safe since animal skin reacts differently compared to human skin. At least for the cosmetic industry. Artificial human skin gives more accurate predictions on how a products can work on humans.
    So yes, I think it should be banned. At least regarding cosmetic products testing.

• We could use the criminals on death row as test subjects? I believe in eating a healthy diet, natural medicines and using nature safe products. My mum has breast cancer and I love my mum, but we don’t need to test medicine on animals. Ovarian cancer also runs in my family, I’m 23 and have already seen signs of it. The healthier I eat and treat my body the symptoms go away... I love my life but I would never put my life before others in such an exploitive way. I am still excited about life it doesn’t feel short, I’m still living life to the fullest and I’m satisfied with my life and purpose. I am also a minimalist so I don’t care for advancements in technology. I am biased ofc.

• Some people are put in death row even when they're innocent because they were drawing conclusions in court and wanted someone put away. Imagine if you and another person were on the same train and the other person stabbed someone to death and you were the one who got blamed. Would you want to be injected with stuff then?

• Well I wouldn’t want to die either, but getting injected instead animals would be an honorable way to go. Also, there’s a 1% chance of being wrongly convicted.
      Oh, you’re 16.