What is your take of Miss USA and Miss Australia's behavior?

www.google.com/.../

Miss USA and Miss Australia mocked Miss Vietnam for not speaking English.

https://youtu.be/mwK_LqvMHz8

“What do you think about Miss Vietnam? She pretends to know so much English…" Miss USA mocked.

My opinion is: It takes a lot of BALLS to go to a foreign country where you don’t speak any of their language and MOCK them for not speaking your language! Arrogance at its best!

2871

Most Helpful Guys

• These bitches are ugly as hell. How come they are miss *insert country"? Were the judges sleeping while making the decision? They are mocking another woman for not being able to speak in English but they should be mocking themselves for putting on a shit ton of makeup and still looking like a 2 dollar prostitute from the street.

• Have you ever gone to France? The French people HATE anyone who doesn't speak perfect French. This is not a new phenomenon and it's not even remotely limited to English speaking countries. And I'm also tired as all fuck of outrage culture. So some white broads said something online. Whoopty doo. I don't care. They can say what they like. If we keep bringing up this meaningless crap to be outraged about, pretty soon none of us will be able to say anything and we'll be standing around drooling saying, "Duuuuuuuuuuuuhrrrr, how did we get to this state?" We fucking made, that's how. Stop it immediately. Immature little girls are allowed to be immature little girls. You can't force people to be nice to one another and trying to do so leads to more corruption and oppression than Hitler can shake a stick at. Leave it alone.

• Yeah I heard French people are rude. I'm not mad you misinterpreted me lol

• That's true, even if you speak French fluently, if native French people detect the slightest accent or mispronunciation, they pretend they can't understand a word you're saying until you go away.

They have a massive superiority complex and a massive inferiority complex at the same time, so they have no problem wasting hours of their own time as long as it wastes yours as well.

It's hard to feel much sympathy for them now that Paris is being overrun by foreigners who hate them as much as they hate everybody else.

Nazi propaganda: "This will be France in 100 years."

Turns out just 80.

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly I'm so pissed there's even people worrying about this. She's human. She's inarticulate. And she said something with a tone that comes across as condescending. She apologized. Now people need to move on. This is just a girl vacuously gossiping, and I can't believe it's recieving attention from the news/media. The whole ordeal is ridiculous; it's like a highschool teen being nationally broadcasted by the news for talking bad about one if her peers. The wole "issue" is absurdly low impact. Yes, m. Usa was mocking the girl. But no, this one act doesn't make her a bad person. She's calling out the other contestant's weak conformity. Rather than just say she doesn't understand, miss Vietnam nods and pretends she does, which is silly. Honestly, the whole "issue" is retarded. Miss USA poorly worded her thoughts. Yes, not everyone has to speak English. But let's be real, English is the langua Franca of the modern world; it's standardized as the primary langauge in many international business transactions. Knowing it opens the door to a lot of opportunity, so it's understand why so many people know it. Miss USA and Australia made a mistake. i don't think they meant any harm; they even empathized with how lonely and confused miss Cambodia must feel because no one else speaks her language. ultimately, this issue is trivial and has low impact. Miss USA apologized. Now move on, and focus on real issues that actually leave an impact, like the fact that millions of Yemen people are starting from saudi's blockade and China is fostering propaganda concentration camps. Who gives a flying f*** about girls gossiping? I don't. Move on, and find better things to worry about. Considering our More important global and personal issues, the amount of attention this video is getting is absurd.

• You really think any girl in that video is inarticulate? all sentences are coherent and comprehensible to me. Miss USA talked to Miss Vietnam, Miss Vietnam smiled and gave a confused nod without replying, Miss USA then assumed Miss Vietnam was pretending to understand her and laughed about it and gave her account of the conversation to her friends, ended with an imitation of the Vietnamese's face. How is any of that difficult to understand?

The woman you compare to a high school teen is likely more intelligent and in fact more accomplished than the average woman at that age, and she was chosen to represent the US in a global contest at a foreign country. You can check her bio :)) I think most people have moved on from her saying something inappropriate after her crafty apology (from your post I believe you could learn a lot from how this woman phrased her apology).

"Honestly, the whole issue is retarded"
      what more retarded is how many people misinterpreted this situation and get outraged at some Asian people being offended, giving it even more attention.
      "Rather than just say she doesn't understand, miss Vietnam nods and pretends she does, which is silly."
      Miss USA's imitation was definitely not a nod of confirmation like some people like to distort it. It is at most a confused nod, the Vietnamese woman was not hiding her confusion. It's an event where contestants are not required to speak English, the Vietnamese woman probably had only spoken Vietnamese ever since she set foot outside of the airplane in which she arrived. Then at the party some foreign woman throw English questions at her, what do you do in her place? do you throw Vietnamese back at the foreign woman? do you get agitated? do you smile and nod confusedly but at least show some courtesy?
      I get kinda depressed when I realized people's intelligence are much lower than I expected when I open this question again.

• @IlyaTheImpaler ya, miss USA was rude. She was condescending and wrong. She was like a highschool teen; she defines herself by looks and is interested in the manipulative highschool gossip games teens play. I have not heard anyone talking about being mad at asains for being offended. What I have heard though is people making massive, inaccurate generalizations or snide remarks because of this post, such as "I'm not surprised this came from America". Like I pointed out; this issue is retarded. Millions of people are dying in Yemen and being detained in China but we spend our time arguing about this. I feel my brain cells dying as more people talk about this issue. Miss USA was ditzy, as most pageant participants are renowned for being, and she acted patronizingly. She got called out for it, and she apologized. Whether the apology was fake or not, the situation was addressed. Now people need to move on and find more impactful things to worry about. Instead, everyone is just perseverating On this one issue. And that's what I think is absurd. Do you agree?

• I know a lot of people don't see this as insulting, but I guess I'm biased since my first language isn't English and I remember when people would make fun of me like this (and much much worse)

Sure they called her cute or whatever, but they seemed to mention her limited language in a condescending, backhanded way. I know a lot of people, especially on here, will disagree, but it's very annoying to be struggling with a language and having people mock you, especially how they did it to make it seem like they weren't being insulting.