What is your take of Miss USA and Miss Australia's behavior?

www.google.com/.../

Miss USA and Miss Australia mocked Miss Vietnam for not speaking English.

https://youtu.be/mwK_LqvMHz8

“What do you think about Miss Vietnam? She pretends to know so much English…" Miss USA mocked.

My opinion is: It takes a lot of BALLS to go to a foreign country where you don’t speak any of their language and MOCK them for not speaking your language! Arrogance at its best!

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• These bitches are ugly as hell. How come they are miss *insert country"? Were the judges sleeping while making the decision? They are mocking another woman for not being able to speak in English but they should be mocking themselves for putting on a shit ton of makeup and still looking like a 2 dollar prostitute from the street.

2|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever gone to France? The French people HATE anyone who doesn't speak perfect French. This is not a new phenomenon and it's not even remotely limited to English speaking countries. And I'm also tired as all fuck of outrage culture. So some white broads said something online. Whoopty doo. I don't care. They can say what they like. If we keep bringing up this meaningless crap to be outraged about, pretty soon none of us will be able to say anything and we'll be standing around drooling saying, "Duuuuuuuuuuuuhrrrr, how did we get to this state?" We fucking made, that's how. Stop it immediately. Immature little girls are allowed to be immature little girls. You can't force people to be nice to one another and trying to do so leads to more corruption and oppression than Hitler can shake a stick at. Leave it alone.

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah I heard French people are rude. I'm not mad you misinterpreted me lol

• That's true, even if you speak French fluently, if native French people detect the slightest accent or mispronunciation, they pretend they can't understand a word you're saying until you go away.

They have a massive superiority complex and a massive inferiority complex at the same time, so they have no problem wasting hours of their own time as long as it wastes yours as well.

It's hard to feel much sympathy for them now that Paris is being overrun by foreigners who hate them as much as they hate everybody else.

Nazi propaganda: "This will be France in 100 years."
      What is your take of Miss USA and Miss Australia's behavior?

Turns out just 80.

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly I'm so pissed there's even people worrying about this. She's human. She's inarticulate. And she said something with a tone that comes across as condescending. She apologized. Now people need to move on. This is just a girl vacuously gossiping, and I can't believe it's recieving attention from the news/media. The whole ordeal is ridiculous; it's like a highschool teen being nationally broadcasted by the news for talking bad about one if her peers. The wole "issue" is absurdly low impact. Yes, m. Usa was mocking the girl. But no, this one act doesn't make her a bad person. She's calling out the other contestant's weak conformity. Rather than just say she doesn't understand, miss Vietnam nods and pretends she does, which is silly. Honestly, the whole "issue" is retarded. Miss USA poorly worded her thoughts. Yes, not everyone has to speak English. But let's be real, English is the langua Franca of the modern world; it's standardized as the primary langauge in many international business transactions. Knowing it opens the door to a lot of opportunity, so it's understand why so many people know it. Miss USA and Australia made a mistake. i don't think they meant any harm; they even empathized with how lonely and confused miss Cambodia must feel because no one else speaks her language. ultimately, this issue is trivial and has low impact. Miss USA apologized. Now move on, and focus on real issues that actually leave an impact, like the fact that millions of Yemen people are starting from saudi's blockade and China is fostering propaganda concentration camps. Who gives a flying f*** about girls gossiping? I don't. Move on, and find better things to worry about. Considering our More important global and personal issues, the amount of attention this video is getting is absurd.

0|2
    0|0
    • You really think any girl in that video is inarticulate? all sentences are coherent and comprehensible to me. Miss USA talked to Miss Vietnam, Miss Vietnam smiled and gave a confused nod without replying, Miss USA then assumed Miss Vietnam was pretending to understand her and laughed about it and gave her account of the conversation to her friends, ended with an imitation of the Vietnamese's face. How is any of that difficult to understand?

The woman you compare to a high school teen is likely more intelligent and in fact more accomplished than the average woman at that age, and she was chosen to represent the US in a global contest at a foreign country. You can check her bio :)) I think most people have moved on from her saying something inappropriate after her crafty apology (from your post I believe you could learn a lot from how this woman phrased her apology).

"Honestly, the whole issue is retarded"
      what more retarded is how many people misinterpreted this situation and get outraged at some Asian people being offended, giving it even more attention.
      "Rather than just say she doesn't understand, miss Vietnam nods and pretends she does, which is silly."
      Miss USA's imitation was definitely not a nod of confirmation like some people like to distort it. It is at most a confused nod, the Vietnamese woman was not hiding her confusion. It's an event where contestants are not required to speak English, the Vietnamese woman probably had only spoken Vietnamese ever since she set foot outside of the airplane in which she arrived. Then at the party some foreign woman throw English questions at her, what do you do in her place? do you throw Vietnamese back at the foreign woman? do you get agitated? do you smile and nod confusedly but at least show some courtesy?
      I get kinda depressed when I realized people's intelligence are much lower than I expected when I open this question again.

• @IlyaTheImpaler ya, miss USA was rude. She was condescending and wrong. She was like a highschool teen; she defines herself by looks and is interested in the manipulative highschool gossip games teens play. I have not heard anyone talking about being mad at asains for being offended. What I have heard though is people making massive, inaccurate generalizations or snide remarks because of this post, such as "I'm not surprised this came from America". Like I pointed out; this issue is retarded. Millions of people are dying in Yemen and being detained in China but we spend our time arguing about this. I feel my brain cells dying as more people talk about this issue. Miss USA was ditzy, as most pageant participants are renowned for being, and she acted patronizingly. She got called out for it, and she apologized. Whether the apology was fake or not, the situation was addressed. Now people need to move on and find more impactful things to worry about. Instead, everyone is just perseverating On this one issue. And that's what I think is absurd. Do you agree?

• I know a lot of people don't see this as insulting, but I guess I'm biased since my first language isn't English and I remember when people would make fun of me like this (and much much worse)

Sure they called her cute or whatever, but they seemed to mention her limited language in a condescending, backhanded way. I know a lot of people, especially on here, will disagree, but it's very annoying to be struggling with a language and having people mock you, especially how they did it to make it seem like they weren't being insulting.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 69

• I didn't see any mockery here at all, they were just stating an observation about her and they also said that she is adorable. It actually seems like they like her. I think you need to try a bit harder to find something controversial so that you can pretend to be outraged and virtue signal.

1|0
    1|2
    • She mocked her. Did you saw she video?

• Show All
    • @IlyaTheImpaler If you cannot determine someone's understanding of your spoken word by assessing their verbal feedback and body language then I suggest you never become a teacher, or work in any vocation where communicating important information is required. This is not rocket science, it is what humans have been doing for thousands of years.
      The American woman tried to speak to the Vietnamese woman and it became very apparent to her that the Vietnamese woman had no idea what she was saying. So the American woman made a silly video where she told the story in way to say how adorable she thought the Vietnamese woman was. Then people who have nothing better to do in their lives but dredge the internet looking for things to act outraged over, and to signal what virtuous little advocates of social justice they are, come across this harmless video and try their hardest to mine as much controversy out of as they can. You know very well that if Miss Kenya and Miss Nigeria had posted a video saying exactly the same thing then nobody would care, in fact people would smile and encourage them. But because an attractive white woman from the highest profile first world country does it, then everybody starts to act indignant on behalf of Miss Vietnam (who by the way probably doesn't give two shits about any of this) and demand that she apologises. She did not mock Miss Vietnam in anyway, there was nothing racist or deliberately demeaning in what she said, there was clearly no malicious intent. This is a non-issue. If you really want to be outraged about something worthwhile then go and read about the case of Aasia Bibi.

• Well evidently I didn't read about the events you have mentioned regarding miss Kenya or Nigeria, I won't be reading any news related to this topic and I prefer to remain that way. I didn't spend my time investigating the business of virtue signaling by the social justice people or similar buzzwords, I believe that is for those with nothing better to do, which is why I also skipped your account of the related events when I see those buzzwords, (no offense).

I wouldn't even spend my time objecting a person when they start equating an observation with a personal opinion, regardless of how I dislike that. However I would object when a person equate 'observation' with 'personal opinion' and at the same time use the same word 'observation' to mean something impartial, as in, it shouldn't be subjected to criticism, and imply people are somehow unreasonable to take issues with such "impartial opinion" 😂😂😂

And I haven't even mentioned whether I am positive or negative towards determining someone's understanding of language based on verbal feedback and body language. Surely many people could do it in the history of human race, and those people would surely know their assumptions from facts.

• Imbeciles: "It wasn't mocking! they were worrying about the other contestants being isolated!!!"

What Miss USA did:

- Making an assumption that the Vietnamese girl was pretending to understand her based on observing the Vietnamese's face (I'm sorry it remains an assumption regardless of how many people share this assumption based on their personal experience)

- Stated her assumption as a fact and laughed about it :)

- The assumption happens to coincide with negative stereotypes, and was stated on camera 😂 (at this point a person of average intellect could see what's coming)

- She is a beauty pageant representing the USA (so people assume she was educated enough to know the 3 points above) apparently in a foreign country too (I didn't care enough to check)

- She was aware she was speaking to the camera so some backhanded expressions of pity ("aw poor girl she must be so isolated LOL xD") were added so that some people dumb enough could use these to defend her

It is my personal belief that the people who insist miss USA wasn't mocking or saying anything offensive have some sort of collective learning disability. Miss USA herself wasn't dumb enough to try to deny what she said explicitly so I would say her IQ is like 20 points above these people.

3|0
    0|0
  • That wasn't even mocking. I thought it was gonna be worse. In disappointed is this misleading post. Clyde you should be ashamed of yourself. They said she was adorable and were worried about her and the other girl feeling isolated. What bitches.

2|1
    1|1
    • Why would I be ashamed of myself? Miss USA should be ashamed of herself not me!

She doesn't appear to worry in the video.

And this is not misleading post. Google it yourself.

• Show All
    • Taena kuya naiintidihan mo pala ako eh. Jusko nag eenglish kapa😂

• She is like that ( Yun sya)

• That's obviously very rude of her. Correcting a word or sentence to help someone is fine, but to laugh at someone for their lack of English or any other language is plain wrong. People visit and move to different countries. You can't expect them to know every language. My family moved to the United States with almost zero English. Those girls should be humiliated in front of a large crowd.

1|0
    0|0
    • But they didn't laugh at her for not speaking English. Always good to watch the video yourself.

• @Soremain I did watch the video. They laughed.

• They laughed at the fact that she pretended to know English. Very different to pretend to be a president and not be a president. And they didn't even mock her for it, they just found it funny which it is. They sympathized for the other candidate for not speaking English and didn't laugh at the fact, but said it must be hard and confusing. In that video, no one was making fun of anyone for their lack of English.

• Is this really worth getting butthurt about? Come on... We've all laughed at someone at some point who pretended to speak a foreign language, and failed miserably. Don't fucking lie to me.

0|1
    1|1
  • I can't understand why there is still till date a ''miss'' competition?
    Arrogant or not, this is one of the stupidest competitions that ever exited.
    Fuck them girls. Fuck miss Vietnam, fuck anyone that supports this shit and fuck anyone that has a problem with my opinion.
    Getting chosen to be a ''MISS'' universe or what ever, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY FACE. These are people who are getting judged for their body and looks, soon it's 2019 after death not 2019 before christ.

2|1
    0|0
  • It seems the past time of sooooooooo many people lately is either to mock others, or get so f#$king butt hurt over the smallest outrage possible. Why the f$$k so many people look for things to get outraged about these days, is beyond me. I'm to busy worrying about real life to focus on any of that crap.

1|1
    1|0
    • Exaccccctly. Everything is so dramatic! But the truth is, it's bad because she's white. Nobody would care if she was black or any other race. White people have that extra level of liability / responsibility.

• She clearly wasn't trying to mock her. Just because she pointed out something some people may feel offended by doesn't mean she had bad intentions. The level of negativity and cynicism in the world is appalling. Like you all just want to create grandiose outlooks.

0|2
    0|0
  • I didn't watch vid. It isn't Miss World, it was Miss USA. USA. Seems disrespectful to speak a foreign language in the contest. If she doesn't kniw English than she doesn't belong in a Miss USA pageant.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just encountered with a grammar nazi on here 😂 LOL
    English isn't my first language and I'll make mistakes. Correct it or else don't bother. People need to understand that people from other countries speaks different languages so not all of them will be good at it. Be it accent or grammar or pronunciations.

2|0
    0|0
  • I mean, if you can ever find any healthy relationship including your own where this stuff will never happen consider yourself a unicorn because it doesn't exist.

People actually sometimes tease those they like because the feel comfortable enough with the person to poke fun at them. there's nothing insidious and if there's nothing insidious how can there be any blame of wrong doing?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's disappointing that a person in general would mock another just because they are from another country/culture. Would Miss USA and Miss Australia like it if Miss Vietnam mocked them? Trust me, Miss Vietnam has a LOT she can work with to mock them.

1|1
    0|0
  • There's no way in fuck that those bitches are Miss anything. The whole thing is bogus. Miss USA or Miss Australia would have far more class than that. That video is about a childish group of tards.

0|1
    0|1
  • It's obvious to me that these girls are airheads, but I do not think they were trying to mock her.
    They were just making observations about her not responding to questions in English. They didn't really think it was a bad thing, I just think they were trying to make a point while they were too stupid to articulate.

1|0
    0|0
    • "They were just making observations about her not responding to questions in English"

I believe only one of these two options could fit your interpretation:
      1. "She pretends to know so much English and then you ask her a question after having a whole conversation with her and she goes …” *imitate facial expression*
      2. "She did not respond when I asked her in English"

I also hesitated when I wanted to conclude what the girl is thinking, whether it's bad or not bad.

• @IlyaTheImpaler that's pretty fair. I just don't see them as the type to take issues like this seriously until they're pointed out.

• This is why I hate when people make white women out to be victims and blame all the ills of the world on the white male. White women are the same ignorant assholes. Look at Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer

0|3
    0|0
  • I know an Indian guy who fucks with people by turning his thick Indian accent on and off. The reaction of most people is the same as Miss Vietnam. They smile and pretend they know what he said thinking it would be rude to ask him to repeat himself.

Wasn't Miss USA only pointing out that this what Miss Vietnam does when she was asked, "What did you think about Miss Vietnam?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow, lots of people are missing the context. She made like she knew English but really didn't. Just like someone who pretends to know Spanish or French or whatever and doesn't and then has native speakers laugh about it. It is normal. You people are pussies.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is fine.
    Anyone who has a problem with what was said needs to step outside of the leftard outrage bubble and learn to think rationally.

0|2
    1|1
  • It's typical of English speaking countries. Anyone not able to speak a perfect English is mocked. Even when they visit another country, people has to speak English, if they don't, then they're seen as dumb.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yeah whereas themselves can't write one English word correctly

• Miss Vietnam and Miss Cambodia - stunning!
    What is your take of Miss USA and Miss Australia's behavior?What is your take of Miss USA and Miss Australia's behavior?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with these girls, people who don't know English are idiots. more like isolated from the real world. I kinda laughed while watching too so I can't deny... how could she expect to be famous when she doesn't even know English?

0|0
    3|1
  • I've seen better looking tarts when walking down the road, which weren't half as fucking irritating. I should slap these wenches in their faces with my schlong!

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd like to hear how many languages she manages. i mean, she's American, therefore she can barely do English

1|1
    1|0
    • And that is relevant how? Oh I guess you're bitter and just want to insult her intellect. Dumb Americans like Warren Buffett and Steve Jobs were too dumb for you. The innovation hub of the world, America, is really disgraceful in your presence.

• @cavmanier i didn't say americans are dumb. most of them are, but certainly not all of them :)

what i did say was that their English is bad

• We have bad grammar? Some do but it kind of just depends. Although I remember in my college 1A class, remembering how terrible peer papers I read were. I was astonished, but figured they're just young kids.

• I'm just not able to be offended by every wisecrack or fun poking. I must lack that gene. When I was a kid I was italian and looked really italian, my friends called me dago or whop and it never bothered me. Some of them still do

0|1
    0|0
  • Miss USA was kind of funny when she was imitating Miss Vietnam lol

0|1
    1|0
  • They appeared to be misguided rather than being mean. Not entirely sure why they are hung up on what languages they could speak but perhaps it stands against them in the contest.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls like this are dunces and gutter trash bitches. Their skulls are too thick to appreciate other cultures or for consideration or respect for other people. These girls showed themselves woefully out of harmony with their environment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah maybe they shouldn't have put it online (that part makes 0 sense to me), but tbh it wasn't really THAT bad. I mean they were kind of just making a joke

0|0
    2|0
  • Well there careers are over, and then those same girls are going to post on IG or Twitter, "we are sorry for our actions, blah, blah, blah" over there screw up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• Oh I didn’t think it was that bad. They absolutely didn’t mock Miss Cambodia or Miss Vietnam’s language but I don’t think there was a need to point out how they couldn’t speak great English. But if they can’t speak English they can’t speak English simple.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not only what they said, it's the way they said it and the way Ms USA laughed at Ms Cambodia. It was all so condescending. If they really felt sorry for her, they would have helped her instead

0|0
    0|1
  • I don’t really think they were mocking her, they said she was really cute and adorable. I think it was more like light, affectionate teasing.

0|2
    0|0
    • Regardless of their intentions though they do seem pretty stupid lol

• Show All
    • Clicking “I don’t want to see this” does not end notifications. It just removes that reply.

• Ah, they used to have a way, but you know gag changes things like that almost monthly it seems.

• Wow that’s EXACTLY what I always expected “misses” to be like, congratulations to them on proving the stereotype of the beauty pageant airhead to be true...

0|1
    0|0
  • Miss *whatever* pagents are stupid anyway. All it is, is judging girls' beauty which fucks up ego.

1|2
    0|0
  • If I would have to guess, Miss USA probably doesn't speak any other than her native language either. So a bit small minded to mock someone who doesn't speak her native language. That being said, English is spoken widely in the world, and at least in Europe it's a very important one to know, and most people speak it. But I've come to understand that English is quite difficult for Asian people. Probably it's just not valued as much there.

Watching the video, I don't really think they were mocking her, though. They just found it funny, that Miss Vietnam pretends to understand what they said and then actually didn't.

1|0
    0|1
  • Anyone who thinks this is normal or factual is as stupid and the two dumb bitches in the video.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well they were baited. But it’s not very becoming of them I guess. Just immature.

0|0
    0|1
  • That’s an example of being arrogant only about the ability or inabilities to speak English. Can miss Vietnam say she knows both Vietnamese and understand English to a certain functional level? Whilst Miss USA nor Australia know a second language? No because they are only holding their head up high based on superiority that’s baseless and subjective. What if it’s proved that both who teased miss Vietnam, in fact had no education other than high school English 101; whilst Miss Vietnam could be a professional. That’s what Asian culture imbues to our women : either you make it in these fields or nothing at all. Any profession won’t do it has to be creme de la cream!

What do the poor blonde bimbos know? After all they hold their pride in a language they speak but did not found themselves.
    Too bad miss Vietnam knows both languages. That makes her a women of substance versus blonde trash 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Should be expelled from the competition. Obviously a trump supporter

1|0
    1|2
  • typical white supremist remarks aimed at superior beauty of Asian women

0|1
    1|1
  • World hunger is worse than this.

1|3
    0|0
  • highschool all over again

3|2
    0|0
  • Sounds like a statement of fact.

1|2
    0|2
    • What sounds like `a statement of fact`? There are a lot of statements in the video.

The statements that make people who watched it outraged are not facts, otherwise miss USA could've easily defended her position no matter how low her IQ is, and the people who watched it could've easily responded with "she was merely stating facts" no matter how low their IQs are.

But some people confuse assumptions with facts, some (with lesser intellect) might even do it by accident and they wholly believe they are right.

Some people like to pretend a lot of things are facts <- do you think this is an observation? a fact?

• Show All
    • Like why does a small group of people, like you, decide that the word "fact" should mean a totally, totally different word like "opinion" or "conjecture"? I really need to understand. Your modification seems not only obviously wrong but malicious to me, especially because you even accused the normal folks of making a big deal out of nothing, "our PC culture" 😂😂😂 - while it's clearly you guys who are bringing all the noise. I had hoped you would join us, like ms USA did when she apologized to the public.
      It's just too bad.

• @IlyaTheImpaler I'm sorry for my mental disability being born a woman.🙁

• *Yawn*

1|2
    0|0
  • Mean girls 🤦🏼‍♀️

0|0
    0|1
  • Gross and unprofessional but not shocking

0|0
    0|1
  • I am so dissapointed and sad

1|0
    0|1
  • Well, typical mean girls

0|0
    0|0
  • They are all physically ugly haha

0|0
    0|1
  • They are obviously jealousy. Sounds like trump

0|0
    0|0
  • disgraceful.

0|0
    0|1
  • Stupid fucks

0|0
    0|1
  • I wonder if miss USA and miss Australia can speak any other languages other than English.

1|0
    0|1
  • she is an embarrassment to represent USA.

1|0
    0|1
  • Superiority complex at its worst.

1|3
    0|1

Recommended myTakes