In 2008 ABC News Predicted The World Would Be Underwater And Climate Change Apocalypse Would Strike By 2015. Does Anyone Really Believe This Garbage?

Bet you didn't even know you are already dead!

Seriously, the fake liberal news is for morons.

014

Most Helpful Guys

• lol According to my parents, people have been predicting this for decades.

My parents were told that the entire Philippines would be utterly submerged years ago. The archipelago nation is still not fish food!

How do these people still have credibility?

• Yes, and not just decades. There have always been those who predict the end of the world as far back as historical records go. It's always some goofy theory that is designed to scare people. The "climate change" hoax (which used to be called "global warming" until they found out that the earth was actually getting cooler for many years, is a pure political propaganda scare tactic to make you feel more dependent on government to save your ass. It's an excuse to let the government shove its fat greedy hands in your pocket even deeper and make even more draconian regulations to control how you have to live your life. In other words it is designed to take away more of your freedom. That's why the left loves it. They hate liberty!

• Those are interesting examples, but, for example, producing paper from wood also generates pollution; where's the research, and perhaps there's a need for more regulation?

• @goaded Yes, both make pollution. And I confess, I haven't exactly read research papers directly, but reports of them. (And I should probably fix that.) On side effects of paper ♻️ing, the best source I could find on the matter is from a healthy lifestyle journal.
      www.livestrong.com/.../

The rest are less specific, like this response to eCo₂ Greetings (a tree-planting business e-cards vendor) by Planet Green Recycle (a fundraising organization that sells ♻️ed ink-cartages & small electronics) on the issues of recycling.
      www.eco2greetings.com/.../...ing-isnt-cracked.html
      planetgreenrecycle.com/.../recycling-facts-does-recycling-cause-pollution

But they do agree that, in the "Reduce, Reuse, ♻️" slogan, it's the "Reduce" and "Reuse" that should be emphasized. And this is even more so, now that 🇨🇳 has decided to exit the exported-paper & -plastic ♻️ing market.
      www.businessinsider.com.au/china-citi-single-use-plastic-bags-waste-australia-2018-9
      www.nytimes.com/.../...ndfills-plastic-papers.html

Even in ♻️ing plastic in the 🇺🇸 seems less certain due to sorting issues. Manually sorting plastics is too expensive, but via machine is faulty. So, it's sometimes is more eco-friendly to just throw away plastic, than to throw it into the recycling bin.
      discovermagazine.com/.../06-when-recycling-is-bad-for-the-environment

And I'll admit. ♻️ing does feel good. (For more than a decade, I've gotten use to ♻️ing. When I had to live ½ a year in an place that didn't ♻️, I felt guilty every time I threw things away. When I moved-out & ♻️ed again, that felt so great!) But it's still uncertain. Most of what I read is digital. Is that good? In terms of trees saved & chemical-pollution spared, 👍. But in terms of the ☢️ waste incurred every time I recharge my devices via our near-by ☢️ power plant, 👎. So, in all?

• The doomsayers are always quite certain of themselves.

When I was a child, the nutrition police said we should eat margarine, not butter, and our diet should consist largely of grains. Later, they decided that margarine is far worse than butter. I have eschewed grains and I eat a low carb diet that is not favored by many doctors.

In the last 1970's, we we warned of the coming ice age!

In the current world, the doomsayers neglect to inform us that the southern ice cap is actually expanding. They forget to mention that the number of serious tropical storms recently is not greater than the number in the 1930's.

In essence, we get a stream of misinformation and distortion to convince us to take actions that will advance a political agenda.

No sale!

• Completely agree. The term "settled science" seems to me to be a non sequitur. The whole point of science is to discover how our current understanding of things is flawed and move thought in new directions.

History is replete with formerly "settled science" that turned out not to be so settled at all.

Message to science... Call me back when you can ACTUALLY create life, revive the dead, travel in time, or explain in any way that makes any sense how the universe is not infinite in size or age. Then you may have some credibility. Until then, it's just one more source of religious dogma added to the mix.